FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 AM

Chris, that was an edit. I meant never mind my post.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Thanks guys!

I will definitely try for EB or Skyway.

Was at Clearwater Beach today, with the family. Saw about 5 or 6 kites out at the northwest end.. looked like a good time! I left at about 2:30, and was not about to drive back there though with my kites, as the traffic was B2B over the bridges and more!

Jamie.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Gotta love the spring winds. This is day 4, tomorrow is day 5 and looks like a solid week of wind ahead. How long will the run last? I have seen 20+ days in the past. Only time will tell. Hope everyone is getting some!!!!!!!!!!!!!

North beaches have been getting a great seabreeze every afternoon. How has it been down south?
Old 03-22-2009, 02:36 AM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
How has it been down south?
I'm pritty sure the afternoon seabreezes have been ON over here already, usually they kick in a little later in the year starting april. Guess we got a bonus this year
Old 03-22-2009, 08:15 AM

Default sarasota crew

have been getting some LATE afternoon sea breezes that blast for about an hour or two BUT gotta be careful because when they shut down THEY SHUT DOWN or go EAST again

we've been riding everything from 10s to 16s last few nights (not yesterday though)
Old 03-22-2009, 09:30 AM

Wow, EastBeach is one awesome spot. You are super lucky to have a spot like that! Got there at 11:00 and rode lit for an hour! Then hung out goofing around for the afternoon.
I thought I saw some guy do a kite-loop s-bend or something, while I was having trouble staying on top with my (small) board. Crazy!

Jamie.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:41 PM

Can someone report on south beaches this afternoon??? North county beaches rocked the sensor with some 20+ plus condition from 2-sundown.

I left east beach around 2:30 and drove up the gulf. The entire drive there was no wind on the gulf, just a gentle easterly. It wasn't until I hit Redington did the north kick in. Microweather is fascinating. I saw it clocked hard east at the skyway around 5pm, but stayed north at IRB all the way to sunset.

Just curious if the seabreeze made it down to pass-a-grille.

What an amazing day. I was a bit surprised how few kiters were out there on such an epic day.

Has this North wind been hitting sunset park in the afternoon. I would assume so. Todd?????
Old 03-22-2009, 08:31 PM

We were at North Shore Park in St Pete from about 2:00 until probably around 4:00. Nothing but a gentle little breeze which wasn't so bad b/c we had our kids with us and we had a really nice beach day. My buddy had to leave at 4 and I decided to stay for a bit longer as the kids were still having fun. Lucky me, the wind turned on and started cranking. I was lit on 14m(too lazy to go back and rig smaller).
Old 03-22-2009, 08:47 PM

Default East Beach last 2 days

Last two days at East Beach have been crazy! I rode/taught both Sat/Sun morning powered on a 13M Rev from 8-11. Around 11 both days the wind began to get gusty and let off. On saturday we had most kites down by 1 and were just waiting to see what would happen. Someone spotted the big flag straight out on a NW so we packed and ran over to N beach. Rode for a solid 2 hours lit on 12M kites. Around 4/5 the wind shifted back E like a switch. Nothing gradual, completely died on the west and started cranking E. So we headed back to EB for a sick sunset session. Today was similiar but I stayed at EB when it died around 1. Not sure if the sea breeze kicked in down south but the E came right back like I knew it would around 6 till sunset 20+. The microweather patterns are pretty cool to watch. Def. like to hear what the meteorologist Steve-O has been talking to has to say about weekends like this!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:03 PM

no seabreeze in the south county today, east wind died around 1 than came back around 4 30 and strong. enough for me to ride a 9m with a skimboard at 185 lbs