FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > STANDUP - Standup Paddleboarding, Beach-Boy Surfing, Standup Surfing or Hui O He'e Nalu
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-14-2010, 09:29 PM

Default 2010 Gulf Coast Stand Up Paddleboard Championship announced

MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. – Stand Up Fitness and Kahuna Kai Paddle & Surf Shop are proud to announce that the First Annual Gulf Coast Stand Up Paddleboard Championship is set for Saturday, May 22 at Madeira Beach.

The inaugural event will be a circuit race around Treasure Island, with the start/finish line just north of John's Pass in Madeira Beach. The competitors will navigate John's Pass, the Intracoastal Waterway, Boca Ciega Bay, Blind Pass and the Gulf of Mexico on the 9-mile course.

The race and surrounding activities are expected to draw the best paddlers from around the region, as well as from as far away as Hawaii -- including one of the biggest names in Stand Up Paddling, Hawaiian Dave Kalama.

Race day will begin with registration opening at 10 a.m., a paddlers meeting at 11 a.m., and the race slated for noon.

“Stand Up Paddling is really starting to take off here in Florida,” said Stand Up Fitness Proprietor Brody Welte. “I keep telling people I know in Hawaii and around the country that there will be a world class paddler from Florida sooner than they think. When they come see the variety of conditions and challenges that one circuit can provide, I think that they will understand my excitement!”

Sponsorship opportunities, including exclusive partnerships, are still available for the championship.

Stand Up Fitness, Inc. and Kahuna Kai Paddle & Surf Shop in Madeira Beach are the race operators. Both offer Stand Up Paddling (SUP) lessons, rentals and sales; Stand Up Fitness also offers personal fitness programs and “Boot Camps” on SUP boards around the Tampa Bay Area.
Race contact: email: brody@standupfitnessinc.com phone: 727 902 4294 web: www.standupfitnessinc.com

Tags
stand up race