FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Neil Pryde Retires was "Will To Win" Book Signing Party With Neil Prdye

Neil Pryde is a unique force in global watersports and in celebration of his 40th year in business, he authored this richly illustrated book.

"ASM would like to invite you to meet the person who started it all! A rare apperance in Miami, Mr. Neil Pryde will be joining us at our Coconut Grove store for his book signing. The first 25 people will receive a free autographed book.

When: Friday, July 13, 2012

Where: ASM- ...2750 SW 26th Ave, Coconut Grove, FL

When: 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm

Live music, drinks and Marcelo's famous Ceviche Food Truck will parked outside!!!!

Meet Neil Pryde-" A large number of people, even inside the sport, would have no idea that the company is manded after a real man. Many think Neil Pryde is just a brand name. He leads the number one windsurfing and kitesurfing brand in the world, employing more than 2500 people globally and with sales in 2008 that exceeded US$100 million. He is a man with strong views who admires that in others. One of his great skills is that he can bring highly opinionated and confident people together and get to work as a team. He loves the thrill of the deal. Neil will make a deal work long after others have given up hope. "

Neil Pryde is the founder of : Neilpryde Windsurfing, Cabrinha Kiteboarding, Flow Snowboards, Neil Pryde Bikes

Have an advanced look at the book including a free download at:

http://willtowin.neilpryde.com/

"And for those of you who have not seen our latest video Azul - A inspirational short clip on women and their relationship with the water!!

You Tube Link :"

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 01-20-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I spoke to Neil Pryde about his book "Will To Win" and 40 years in the global water sports business during the dealer meeting in Bimini, Bahamas in 2010. Here is the video from that discussion.

I looked over the book again, it is full of great images, events, personalities and a collection of brilliant print ads. It provides a good look at the history of windsurfing gear along the way.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 07-11-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

The signing party went off Friday with a great turnout, about 150 fans of the man and his times. In addition to books signed by Neil Pryde, Kent had arranged for catering van from to provide some outstanding Peruvian ceviche to all comers gratis. We're talking some excellent ceviche too.

Folks are having a good time, catching up with each other and speaking with Neil.

Neil Pryde bracketed by Kent Marinkovic to the right and Roland Marinkovic to the left.

Alexandra Menk collects her signed copy of "Will to Win."

The front of the Coconut Grove store, they even have some Neil Pryde racing bikes on display.

Kent and Christophe Ribot of Miami Kiteboarding

Todd Gréaux and David Linger

Thea mans the fort

Paula Ambrosio-Marinkovic, Luke Vandenberg and friends

Neil with fans Paula, Alexandra, Isabella, Christelle and Francine.

A representative of Bahamian tourism even came down to the signing.

Mike Hirooka is in the house.

Josh and Eric

It was a fun night and a good tribute to the man whose efforts have helped so many to enjoy millions of hours on the water over the last 40 years.

Thanks Neil!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 01-20-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Neil Pryde came to town all the way from Hong Kong for the grand opening of the Ft. Lauderdale Adventure Sports store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post

They had the party with an excellent turnout and it seems like everyone had a great time.

Kent introduces Neil Pryde to share a few words about the new store and thanks to the capable staff.

They ran the "I To I Windsurfing Race" earlier that day from Port Everglades to Hillsboro Inlet. I tagged along and took a few shots along the way.

Luke Svanberg, the store manager

Kent Marinkovic with his CFO Brian Green and friends

Ron Kern organizer of the race rigs up, nice sail!

Thea Yatras came up from ASM to help make the opening a great event. There are a ton of great people with Adventure Sports.

Damien LeRoy and the Jupiter crew

Launching, you can see the windsurfers on the beach

They laid on a band for the party

Garrett Scotti of Adventure Sports designed a good portion of the store interior.

Leslye Moreno of Adventure Sports

A nice shot of Dave Kalama and Vickie Pfeiffer of ASFL thanks to 305Kitesurf. I was experimenting shooting for the first time while looking after my two young kids. I missed some photos as a result. More great images at 305Kitesurf's FB page at http://on.fb.me/11xlHs5

We're off!

Juan Pablo kiting instructor with ASM's Matheson Hammock operation

Some of the folks listening to Neil Pryde

Mr. Neil Pryde

Mike Vogt eases around the Port Everglades mark, the Whistle Buoy two miles offshore and starts his long run north.

Garry Menk, Jimmy Lewis distributor to the Americas

d
Jon Modica is down for the event

Running up the coast

Packet Casey of Zulu Boards with Bianca Drouin

Leslye shows off some of her core strength hefting BG way off the floor

Neil Pryde did a book signing for "Will To Win" the story of his forty years in the watersports industry. More about the book a pdf download and how to order a copy at: http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=11415

Looks like the makings of revival meeting, my que to pack up the kids and go. It's been fun and thanks!

See you from the new Adventure Sports Ft. Lauderdale store.

More about the book "Will to Win" HERE"Will to Win"

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 01-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Neil Pryde retires from the Pryde Group after several decades of global success in numerous watersports brands.

Here is the press release from the Pryde Group:

"Neil Pryde Retiring From Pryde Group
January, 2015
Hong Kong, January 14, 2015 — Pryde Group, an international sports group, announces the retirement of founder and Chairman Mr. Neil Pryde effective January 1, 2015.

Over the past 44 years Mr. Pryde has led the Company through tremendous growth and development, building it into a benchmark in marine and action sports.

Starting as a sail maker in 1970, the Company has successfully expanded into multiple sports and product categories, spearheading the windsurfing and kitesurfing sports revolutions. The international distribution network that the Company established under Mr. Pryde's leadership is unmatched with presence in over 40 countries and in more than 2000 retail locations. Over the years, the Pryde Group's products have won numerous design and marketing accolades and the Company was twice awarded the coveted Hong Kong Business Award for international business excellence.

Mr. Pryde's unbelievable drive and will to win remain the pillars of the company and an inspiration to all employees.

Mr. Mark Shriro, Chairman of the Shriro Group, the controlling shareholder in Pryde Group, commented on Mr. Pryde's retirement: "Neil has been our partner for the last 28 years and has built the Pryde Group into the position it occupies today. It has become a world famous brand and the leader in its field. It has won numerous world championships and many awards in the advertising and sporting fields. Neil will be greatly missed by us all and we wish him the best of health, luck and happiness in his future endeavors."

In leaving his post as Chairman Mr. Neil Pryde said: "Leaving the company which I founded and led for 44 years was undoubtedly an emotional wrench but I am confident that the Management Team headed by Patrick Pender and Peter Lui will continue to foster the winning spirit that has brought Neil Pryde Limited to the leadership position it occupies today. I thank everybody who has worked with me over the years to create this legacy—good luck!"

Neil Pryde leaves the company in the capable hands of CEO Patrick Pender and COO Peter Lui, as well as an established Senior Leadership Team. Mr. Pender and the management team will continue to champion the spirit that Mr. Pryde created while charting and executing an exciting new course for the company."

Enjoy a well earned retirement Neil and thank you for all the great times on the water!!!

http://www.continentseven.com/

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi