FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 06-26-2007, 05:07 PM

I'll be working. Anyone know of any good jobs that won't keep me at work all night while the wind blows in the afternoon? Pimpin' out my body and playing shuffleboard with smokin' hot local grannies just isn't paying off like I thought it would... LOL
Old 06-26-2007, 05:20 PM

Toby, at least you can say you receive gum jobs. Oh well, I'm off to lassing now.....
Old 06-26-2007, 11:01 PM
popeye

Um ok.

Well, whoever left their board before I showed up for the night riding session, I have it.

MH?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:05 PM

Sorry guys,

got to Lassing and the tide was so far out the riding area was small, plus when I got there, there were about 6 fishermen wading out into the riding area.

Plan B: Vinoy Park, nice launch and land spot. Got going with 2 others, a nice storm came through and I put the kite down, after about 20 minutes the storm left, we started riding again and had an awesome time!

By the time we packed up and left it was blowing so hard that I would have been twice over powered on my 15...Good times!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:41 PM

SW session rocked, i got there around 6 and just hung out for a bit, wind was only about 12-13 at the most, then a squall line came through, wind went to a gusty 15-25, randy hooked me up with the new 13m yarga hybrid, very sick kite.....
everyone had to come in since they were on 15's and 16's, so i went out on the 13m and had a blast for about 20min while the squall came through.... the kite is super quick light bar pressure but very easy to feel where its at, turned very sharp, but unlike my waroo it kept almost full power through the downloop (i decided not to kiteloop the demo) i didnt expect it to jump as well as my waroo...wrong... that kite goes to the moon, and floats just as good as any kite out there, it doesnt depower as well as he waroo, but then again its not supposed to... if best made it in a 15m, id probably get it tomorrow it was that much fun... unfortunately the 13m is a tad to small for my main kite since im over 200lbs, but for most riders it would be a sweet ride, i couldnt imagine how the 9m flies in 30+
i might just keep my 13m waroo and get an 11m yarga for the 20knot fall days
Old 06-27-2007, 12:35 AM

Had a blast at Lassing Park completely lit on my 11m sonic! That was the first time I have had a chance to fly it and I have to say I'm impressed. There's nothing like riding next to the downtown St. Pete skyline at night. Gotta love it.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:51 AM
popeye

Skyway was awesome... Tdub, me, and Danny were well powered and having a good time. Danny on a 13, and me and Toby on 16's.

Lightning in the distance made for a really cool show... flying through the air, moon, sky, and big orange lightning bursts in the distance. Rode until 11.

Kick a$$.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:58 AM

Talking

Gary and fellas, do you remember Glitter Granny from the place on PAG (mind blank). Woods, we'll take you there so you can check her out. She's all sparkly and looks like a little firecracker!!

I can't remember if Gary or Steve already called dibs on her...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Missed out on the fun...

Good times last night with the Grand Cougars...

Came home with red cheeks from all the pinching and a pocket full of nickels from all the tips...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:49 PM

Ahhh yes Amber, I remember her.... That was when you explained to all of us, (including the waitress)what a GILF was (Grandma I'd Like to ...)!!!!!!! That was a fun day for sure!!! We will not release the name of the establishment at this time, because I really love eating there, and I don't want anyone else to try and steal my dreamgilf.....
I gotta run now,(I have to pick up my Elvis suit at the dry cleaners) and I dont want to be late for "work" at the GG club.