FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 06-09-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTaylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optionryder420
Yeah, I know it's got the one-pump
the contra is the right kite for you!
i think josh is just trying to meet a quota or he loses his sponsor :lol: :lol:

J/K Josh im sure the kite ROCKS!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:33 PM

haha
nahh

that kite really does rock... i didn't even ride it, but saw it in action in some LIGHT winds.
shawn richman had enough power to throw powerd handle passes and kiteloops, when I couldn't get going on billy's 18 C.

i know his dad was planning on getting into it, and i know they've got alot of money (estimating by nice house lol)

a bow kite is good for learning on too
Old 06-09-2006, 01:44 PM

Yeah, he still is going to get into it... he wants to wait until the fall though.

He's busy a lot too, with the house and stuff... he's down in the keys right now though.

He's probably going to get some type of bow kite, or a peter lynn.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Skyway Scott

Here's my two cents
Pat and Daryl both still ride C's. (Pat is simply awesome at kiting, BTW and Daryl is much better than me).
I am going to switch to a SLE (supported leading edge= bridle of some sort) soon, probably something like the Flexi Ion or Answer by Caution. To me, they fly SO much like a C I can't really tell the difference, but, the range on the Ion especially is insane. I am confident I can make an 15m Ion work in 10 to 23 (comfortably). Anyone know of any C kite that can do that?

The Best Waroo is nice too, lots of the SLEs are. I have been flying the Waroo and the Answer alot lately, basically each night til 9pm. (We don't have any Ions in yet... :? :x ).

Anyway, we sell everything over here (and its good that people want a bunch of stuff and not just one, or we'd be in trouble). But, since I am use to giving an opinion, I am not going to stop now!

I really like what I have felt from the Ion in particular :P and I won't be surprised if some of you end up on "non" Cs in the future that don't think it's a possibility as of now.
I swore up and down I never would switch from Cs... then I started riding the SLEs. :wink:

I really miss you guys. Trust me on this, you got it made in terms of riding spots in St. Pete. Just holding ground in the Atlantic over here, is an accomplishment.

Oh, here are some pics of the Best Bus. It looks pretty awesome
http://www.extremekiteskiteboarding.....php?p=928#928
Old 06-11-2006, 02:49 PM

Default 6.06.06.the session of the beast

so i guess you did go there,, so now i should get my barndoor,, :wink: and i hope i get a cool t ,,and a few cool stickers ,,un-like my first order :wink: by the way? the sle kites include my sonic 14??i dont think its a "bow" ??school me on that some,,thx ,,guess that sat aft-noon on big bch was the last time we'll -c -u for a while?
Old 06-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Skyway Scott

I recently noticed while reading thru kiteforum that there is a technical defintion regarding bow kites and some people want to stick to it. Me, not being big on defining/categorizing things, avoided the issue with my "SLE" description. Albe, your kite is definitely a SLE kite and I'll just stick with that. 8)
Yeah, stuff happened in a hurry for sure. I am in the shop now on the computer 'cuz all I really brought was about 5 pairs of shorts, a few shirts and one sock.

I recently got to ride an Aggression Super Phatty, Aggression Barn Door and Glide all back to back in about 12 knots with 1.5 knot current (not opposing but with the wind :x ) Here is my take on them.

In ultra ultra light winds or lighter winds with a current, the Glide is hard to beat for going upwind (maybe no other board is better?). However, the barndoor is awfully close and feels like a smaller board, especially doing tricks. The super phatty isn't as good as the barn door at going upwind (for guys above 140 pounds), but feels a little more "sporty" or skatey, due to its shorter length.

In St. Pete, where flat water is king or the beach doesn't really have that much current, I personally think the Aggressions "win" for light wind board of choice vs. the Glide (I am only comparing these 3 here, not other light wind boards). Why? Because going upwind is "cake" there with the lack of current and it may not be necessary to go as far upwind as a Glide can.
For me, the BD and SP just feel more like smaller boards and are more fun to ride in marginal winds.
After having said that, here in St. Augustine on light wind days, I am begging for a Glide off of Daryl. Why? Because to hold your ground here off the beach in the Atlantic, you literally have to go upwind at the rate of 1.5 miles/hour or so. So, the upwind abililty of the boards vs. there "fun factor" becomes more important. (Unless you are just gonna pull a mega walk of shame)

If a you are over 160 pounds or more and in St. Pete, the BD (of these 3 boards) would be my pick for an awesome light wind board. I now view the Super Phatty as a lighter person's light wind board.

Hope that made sense. It's just my opinion.
We hade several riders here today making much smaller boards work (altho they were definitely VERY experienced riders and they were working at it). I don't think Billy ever needs anything any bigger than his custom 137 by 40 UG wavetray. But, he's literally a pro.
I definitely prefer the bigger boards in lighter winds at my skill level and to me, the BD doesn't really feel all that big. For some reason, to me, the Glide does feel like a big board.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:10 PM
tomstock

I tried a glide, agression bar door, and the anomaly in light winds (ie: 7-9, barely dooable with a 21m). Switched back and forth 3 times. The glide planed easily but the fins sucked. Might as well ride a piece of uncut plywood from the hardware store. It also sprayed me in the face the whole time and it was flat water!! The agression took just a little more power but felt like a small board. I felt like I could jump with it and have a good time. The anomaly rode and planed the best, but it weighs more than a garbage can full of water and it sucks to jump with.

So, of the three, if I could have picked one to keep, it would have been the aggression or the anomaly, or a glide with new fins and a pair of swim goggles.

I wish people would stop making boards with flat square tips. Either round em off or kick em up with a bevel underneath for a clean edge. Whats the problem?!?

So far I think I liked the super Phatty better than all of them, but I wasn't in light winds when I tried it.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:13 PM

UNDERGROUND MAGIC CARPET 158!!!

My upwind machine...
Old 06-11-2006, 09:22 PM

$12 piece of plywood + 6 hours worth of carpentry = TrojanBoard!!

NOTHING... i mean NOTHING, can beat it upwind in light conditions.
I even upwinded a windsurfer today in 11 knots on a 12 meter TD.

B4 u spend $600 on a light wind board go buy a piece of 1/2" plywood..... cut a condom shape.... lacquer the hell outta it... then add sex wax and fins. Shazam!!!!! Light wind machine.

It may not jump well, but who jumps in 10 knots anyway?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:15 PM

Yeah, Jay's super condom board is the shiznit!!!