FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-05-2007, 03:45 AM

Default mike walker (globekites rider) came second!

Mike Walker from Caloundra Queensland, recently placed a close 2nd in the NSW and QLD State Championships for waveriding Australia. It was only the day after the new kites from GK had landed in Australia and the first time the VSonic had been flown there.

Mike was asked how the kite went after the event….“I was quite nervous going into the comp as I usually take a few sessions to get fully dialed into a new kite before it feels comfortable, but the VSonic was sweet from the first moment. It did exactly as I asked of it and surprised me a bit with the direct feel and responsiveness. It got me through to the finals in a pretty tough field and then I almost won the event on a kite I had never flown before – I was pretty impressed. It was especially awesome because the winds were really variable and gusty at around 30 knots. The V8 is a very stable kite.”