FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Can't Re-member

aj

These are mostly Thermal winds set up in the late afternoon west side of FL.

We will try to cast the wind net over the Bahamas way.

I told you, U R always welcome to come riding over here, we'll show U the best spots.

CONGRATS on your new Baby Girl!!!!!!

Say Hi to Shuman! Lori says Hi!

R
Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 PM

BigR? You and Lori out at Belleair beach doing a downwinder?

I was on my 13m fuel. At times it was possible to stay upwind, other times it wasn't... so I just kept on going up and down the beach.

I really need a bigger kite... 13m fuel and 122cm Redline are really made for more wind. Although at times I was pretty lit.

I was jumping a little bit too close to shore too :shock: Don't know why, but coming back in towards the beach, I'd be super lit, then whenever I was about where I was going to send the kite, all my speed and wind was gone... so I'd have to sine it a few times then jump... whatever though, all is good.

EDIT:
as I suspected, less wind where I was
Old 06-06-2006, 09:46 PM
tomstock

Scott, Blue Flag was awesome today. Thanks for pumping up my kite while I rode the Ion. That kite was pretty cool. From zero power to more power than I wanted instantly. Seriously, when I came in from riding the Ion, I was afraid to put up my 21m nemesis. Turned out, the Nemesis had LESS pull than the 15m Ion. Ion had way more depower.

Super Phatty was a nice ride. Didn't spray me all that much in the face. Planed like my anomaly but with a stronger edge end and better turning.

Had a blast carving up and jumping off the waves on the outside.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:51 PM
E-Bone

Yeah, today was the shiz. I showed up, rigged, rode 3+ hours. After the tide started to come in at BS, the flats across the channel were epic. True glass, flat as a mirror, with 15+ up top. Epic jumps with dead silence between liftoff and touchdown, with the entire jump spent looking right at the sea floor through the crystal clear water.

Jayson showed up and threw crazy ass tricks everywhere, as usual, mad skillz. I tried to ride blind but rode drowned instead--more work needed there. Paul Fox and I were holding down the Rasta Flexis and having a blast. Russky showed and was taking advantage, Bryan and Dan were there (hey, those two need nicknames), Toby was making progress, some other faces as well.

For me, the best moment of the session might have been when I threw a fat, hanging jump just next to the channel and a guy on a passing boat screams "you are f**king craaaazy" as I hang in the air under the Ion, which does not want to come down. Oh, yeah.

Scott--charge hard, go big, and good luck!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 PM

Are the Ions one pump?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:58 PM

Yeah, hard not to be powered up today on the 25.5 Machine!!! :shock:

Was well powered at times with the kite close to 12 o'clock and the depower rope all the way in, but just lovin' it!!! Always have that 5th line to help me depower...

Got some jumping tips from Randy after he watched for a while and am working at it and having a blast! The 20.5 would have been PERFECT today but the stitching is coming out of the middle strut and it needs a visit to Keith at Advanced Sails before I ride it again.

Overall a great day, everyone at the backside was SUPER STOKED after the sesh!
Old 06-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
BigR? You and Lori out at Belleair beach doing a downwinder?

No, Unfortunately we were at work ops: ops: ops:
Old 06-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Skyway Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstock
Scott, Blue Flag was awesome today. Thanks for pumping up my kite while I rode the Ion.
Well, I pumped up most of it. Chris helped out alot. AND, it is HIS kite, so thanks to him (and E-bone) for letting us all demo the crap outta the 15m Ion lately.

It's a great kite for sure. (Don't know that I've ever ridden better for my style).
It's ironic that I am going to work at a kiteshop today and I am shooting for a one kite/one board quiver for the 10 to 24 knot range. In other words, I won't save ALL that much on gear, really, since its limited amounts!!
How many of us still have 5 kites and 4 boards? Those days are quickly coming to an end. (Hmm... is that good for kiteshops?)
Old 06-07-2006, 06:27 AM
E-Bone

Kev, yes, the Ion has single point inflation.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:37 AM

Scott....

we will all be looking forward to your reviews of the HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of kiting products you get to demo... (perks of the biz)

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa