FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Default p.s.

Rumor has it that they left the beach so fast to go home and clean the kids shorts out...
Old 07-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Shucks...I had been kiting there that day from 11am onward. I saw it all building, around 3pm it got too much for my 12m and my flightdeck so I came in.

I packed my stuff up and was leaving around 4pm when I saw that kid walking with his board. I knew I should have stayed. I left shaking my head. Thought he had learned.

What type of parents are they! That's child endangerment right there. I'm gonna call it right now, it's gonna take a serious injury for this kid to learn anything. He might get by for years and years without incident, but he'll still have not really learned anything.

The picture attached at about 3:30pm. Just before it opened up.

Was out at SS yesterday with my wife. Just me and only one other guy (John I think) from 11a to 3pm. Fantastic wind. Too choppy for my Flightdeck (only board). Still fun though.

Last edited by jetpack; 07-09-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Never been up there before. That looks like a pretty nice launch. Not what I had pictured in my head. Don't worry, too far of a drive to come crowd you.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:01 AM

Default hello my brothers

does that kid have a cousin in FT. lauderdale named kevin. they must be related somehow!!!! kite safe my brothers!!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:01 PM

This guy?

http://www.zazzle.com/i_am_not_kevin...33855875063790
Old 07-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Good luck up there.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Default thats it a new t shirt design

how about we take a photo of the kid, and photo shop dorathy and toto from the wizard of oz and photo shop the tornado coming with the CADDY shack quote....".I dont think the heavy stuff will come down for a while yet."" lol

"excuse me but i have to run home to change my shorts now!!!!

kite safe all you infidels....by the way kited in ARUBA about 3 weeks ago 11 straight days of kiting on my 11 and mostly 9 meter kahonna. cheering on mike hall during the red bull night riding event. had a ball there. .highly recommend we all go with WSW next year.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakester View Post
I'VE ALREADY TALKED TO MY COUSIN VINNY BRAKAYOUKNEES AND HE'S ON HIS WAY DOWN FROM BROOKLYN.[/B] :shock:
Lemme know if you want me to have Steph call her Uncle Frank... old school Sicilian guy... He'll straighten this out!

"The biggest drawback of kiteboarding is the adverse effects it has on getting anything else done."
Old 07-13-2009, 04:45 PM

I think I'll talk to him or his parents the next time I see him out there. Don't know if it will do any good, but at least if he gets injured or killed or hurts someone else, it won't be on my conscience.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I think I'll talk to him or his parents the next time I see him out there. Don't know if it will do any good, but at least if he gets injured or killed or hurts someone else, it won't be on my conscience.
I have talked to him and his dad just about regular ish, such as launching towards the water, wearing a safety leash, and explained how the safety leash is the single most important part of the safety system, besides the common sense to actually wear a leash.

I wish you luck, we should not give up because he is not going away and like you I don't want to see anyone get hurt or lose our access at sunset.