FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-08-2010, 12:41 AM

Default STOLEN BOARD IN CRANDON PARK today

hi,
Message that could concern all of Miami rider community and maybe you too elsewhere :

A dude came today in Crandon beach, walk his way to the back path, hidding in order to go and take an illegal lesson from a boat out there on the sandbars.
On his way back, this happy guy had planned to do a bit of "shopping" to pump up his kite gear stock inventory , so he walked to the front beach this time and picked up the first board he found on his path.

Bad luck for us it was one of ours
Bad luck for him too, couple of riders saw him walking with one board at first , then 2 boards in his hands just a second after
after enquirying them, they confirmed the size and color of the board we had been stolen !

Decription of the board :
WHITE top and GREEN bottom MISFIT 146 SLINGSHOT 2009 ( in perfect condition ) . There is a black ink MKB marking & phone # on the tip, in case the "smart thief " can;t figure out the way to wipe it out ...!?

Description of the Thief :
a simple dude with a BEST kite on his back ( red bag apparently)

SO you know who to contact if a guy approaches you with a "super good deal " on a board.

I don't really dream to ever get it back , but i wanted to relate the story to everybody, so potential "thieves" may know we don't let any stealing of gear unspoken ad we spread the word quickly.

it's sad to say even if we are a small community , and we pretty much know most of local fellow riders by face, there are still some freaks, out there on your spots or ours, that will have no troubles "taking stuff " from others just because the opportunity is right there, tempting and "why should i give a S...if i don't take it someone else will anyway..."

In crandon we pick up monthly an average of: 5 bars, 5 harnesses, 10 pumps, and 3 boards, left behind by riders ! we keep them in stock , they will be asked sooner or later. (so mark your stuffs !)

that is why it is called a community ! we share the same spots eventually

QUICK WORD REGARDING THE 2 schools COMING AND TEACH BY BOAT on Crandon sandbars:

It is considered Illegal business because they are still within the Park water boundaries.
Plus having their students walking out to the boat from the beach is also a liability issue for the park adminsitration .
Therefore they actively enforce it now.

And walking the back path of the beach is an old trick they know for years now, first place they will patrol !
Now 'm gonna start patroling too if each of those guys taking lessons are also taking my boards
Ride in peace (...me off)

Christophe Ribot
Old 07-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Sorry to hear about the theft Christophe. Despite initial expectations I hope it does show up. Good luck.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 AM

Default lookout

I will keep my eyes open down here ,we have a pretty small communiyy here but have a great interaction with outsiders, so if the guy does come here hopefully we will catch him.

Greg
Old 07-08-2010, 05:16 PM

We will keep an eye out down in the Islamorada area. Sucks and in broad daylight. Hope you find the guy.