FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
lawless

Your 15,000 er 1,500 dollar kite isn't useless with a bad nipple. It's a relatively cheap replacement part or you can use Aquaseal wetsuit repair glue to glue it back on. I just did this on my leading edge bladder on a Best kite that I've had for a few years, and I live in Florida.

Knowing that temps in my car can get extremely high in summer, I avoid storing my kite in my car unless absolutely necessary. I had a friend who kept his kites in his car all last summer so he could kite after work on his way home and he had numerous problems with nipples with kites of all brands. High temps + nipple valves = bad news.

Also, I believe the nipples are ultrasonically welded at the factory.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:49 PM

I fly RPM's and have a couple Keys for our school and don't have this problem ever. We're located in Saint Pete and our kites get used a lot, usually transported all over the state in a closed pickup bed too. So its fair to say they get put to the test in terms of the glue holding up in the heat.

I have a mixmatched quiver of 2005 fuels also and did have to re glue all the nipples back on the bladders but i'd be surprised if i still had a kite from 05 that wasn't the case with. All the new kites are pretty sick, come try one, or I could set you up with one of those fuels on a pully bar for a throwback session, still fun from time to time.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 PM

I ride and teach on ss kites and swear by them. My wife and i have a full quiver of rpm's and and flew revs and turbos in the past. We live and kite in the keys, where our kites are subject to sun, heat, and the everyday punishment we put them through.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:53 PM

Yo Matt, wasn't trying to ditch the old Fuel bladders to bad, but if some nips are going bad it's probably only a matter of time for the rest. Also if your gonna take the time to pull out a LE bladder, you might as well restore the whole thing. Airtime nipples work great as replacement and are not an issue with heat.

Still want to get on the RPM ASAP. You going to Triple S?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:51 PM

Nothin' to knock on they were shit back in the day, as for Triple S not for me i'm headed elsewhere, but hit me up whenever the RPMs are always up for Demo. Good to see ya'll the other weekend Mike, looks like you got another killer breeze coming your way, hopefully we can make it down again!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 PM
damion_dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
Your 15,000 er 1,500 dollar kite isn't useless with a bad nipple. It's a relatively cheap replacement part or you can use Aquaseal wetsuit repair glue to glue it back on. I just did this on my leading edge bladder on a Best kite that I've had for a few years, and I live in Florida.

Knowing that temps in my car can get extremely high in summer, I avoid storing my kite in my car unless absolutely necessary. I had a friend who kept his kites in his car all last summer so he could kite after work on his way home and he had numerous problems with nipples with kites of all brands. High temps + nipple valves = bad news.

Also, I believe the nipples are ultrasonically welded at the factory.
Yeah, I meant 1500 lol. Yeah Aquaseal works very well. I'm making another video that shows how to remedy the problem. That is definitely bad news.