FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Tom Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsedave View Post
FYI coke was going to use best till they found out that they had to use women to sell kites
Old 05-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Coke is pairing with eclipse to promote the launch of their new Full Throttle uncarbonated energy drink. Whenever there is a promo, a promo company is hired to send staff to work the event and pass out t-shirts, the product, etc. The promo company hired all the girls and guys in the picture that you don't know (other than Chris Cousins if you don't know him) and eclipse invited their riders as well as guests.

If you're insinuating that they are using these girls to sell the brands? As a woman I can tell you that there is a big difference between someone in a sports bra and skirt at an event where there are ladies in tiny bikinis playing sand volleyball, from an ad in a magazine that is 70% of a girl's ass in a tiny black bikini with a small picture of a kiter in the background.

Just my two cents.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:40 PM

Chris was a very nice guy and it was interesting to discuss his efforts in forming an association in his area. He was saying that there wasn't really that much interest until 3 or 4 of their spots were banned, and a local kiter died. After that, the locals finally saw a reason for a unified approach to protecting their launches and quit their pointless heckling.
I would like to say congratulations to Josh Taylor, Oliver Berlic, and Linda for getting sponsored by Eclipse, and thanks Toby Wilson for helping make this happen.
I had a great time with kiter-friends, demo'ed a few cans of Full Throttle, and scored a free shirt.

Thanks Chris,Coca-Cola, and the scantily clad FULL THROTTLE GIRLS!!!
What an Awesome day!
Gotta run, I'm going to buy some full throttle
Old 05-25-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott View Post
Hey guys. It's toys and pop drinks. By definition, kid's stuff.
you've got it on the dot.

please, write me a book too.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:47 PM

awesome time, I thank everyone.

if you guys get a chance come out tomorrow.

will be a good time.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:22 PM

Josh, I hate to tell you, but shortly after you guys left, okay, maybe not until 615 or so...it started blowing. Got on the 12M Thruster for the first time. Had blast, but got overpowered at the end. The kite was great, and it looked great in the air. Of course, some may think I am now biased because I am sponsored by Eclipse for this promotion, but I was truly impressed. Wish I had brought my 8M down with me. Oh well. Hope you get yours soon. You will like them alot!! Have fun tomorrow, I have to head back to P.C. Be sure to pass out more toys and kiddie drinks!! LOL
Old 05-26-2008, 12:00 AM

Linda, Josh, Amber, didn't you get the memo? It seems that talking about poker, flying remote control airplanes, eating Wendy's combos, and skateboarding on this forum are more relevant topics to bettering our sport of KITEBOARDING than Eclipse partnering with Coke/Full Throttle, giving out a bunch of kites to 30 new team riders, Full Throttle, shirts, sunscreen, donating to the John Wayne Cancer Foundation, providing a cheap warranty for the riders, introducing kiting to the public in a positive and safe manner, etc.

What a joke!!!

I'd like to send a big shout out to Chris Cousins for making the last two days a HUGE success!!! ...And we still have tomorrow to go!!! Thanks Eclipse and Full Throttle for keeping it POSITIVE!!!

Last edited by toby wilson; 05-26-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Tom Stock

Oh, ok, coke is paying eclipse to advertise their drink. Since I've never even heard of "full throttle" I had no idea what was going on or the purpose of the event. but it looks like it really was a drink demo.

But thanks Toby for the personalized put down.

So will Josh and Alex be riding one of these yellow full throttle kites now? Are they thrusters?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 AM

Coke put some advertising $$ to use by sponsoring 30 new team riders for this co-promotion. It's actually a pretty neat opportunity to ride new kites, have full throttle products (beverages, shirts,towels, etc..) to pass out, and do what i love to do..kite!! i don't believe the other existing eclipse riders are all participating, but I am not completely sure. i am thankful for the opportunithy to be a part of a different type of marketing campaign. I'd rather be kiting and bringing attention to a brand, rather than be one of the people on the beach having to walk around and pass stuff out.
Thanks to Chris Cousins and the Eclipse crew for the opportunity to participate.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Tom Stock

ohhhhhhhhhh i get it. So the advertising money helps the teams riders by paying for their kites because the kites have the full throttle ad, etc.

Finally it makes sense, thanks WindRyder!

Sweet!