FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-05-2006, 07:36 PM

Default 9/6/06 10pm EST "Stunt Junkies" Jason Slezak

For those who are not yet aware. Tomorrow September 6th on the Discovery Channel Jason Slezak "Massive gap jump".

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/st...k=fsmain_feat3
Old 09-06-2006, 09:06 AM

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out. ...Curious to see how big that island is.

I would like to have seen the world's fastest stoppie too. I'll have to catch the rerun of that one.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:57 AM

Ought to be interesting, I've got the DVR set.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:43 PM
tomstock

Seen em all so far. The stoppie was cool, the snowboarding one is LAME. I mean lame. Not even close to dangerous. Heck the guy falls like 5 or 10 times before pulling it off and doesnt even come close to getting hurt. How is that a dangerous stunt? That's just simple snowboarding.

The rest are pretty good. The craziest one was the kayaker, but they wouldnt play the whole clip at full speed which led me to believe it was sensationalized to be more of a "close call" than it actually was.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:49 PM

Did u see the one where bob burnquist skates into the grand canyon???
Now that is having some big brass ones. he nearly bought the farm on the first attempt when he nearly slid the rail on his back.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:45 PM

The island is only 15ft wide or so. Thats not the stunt though we have all done that. The stunt is he was taking off from a launch ramp and landing on another ramp. It was pretty crazy seeing the discovery channel here. The had like 14 different camera angles and even a helicopter.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:11 PM
tomstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJay
Did u see the one where bob burnquist skates into the grand canyon???
Now that is having some big brass ones. he nearly bought the farm on the first attempt when he nearly slid the rail on his back.
Hell yeah, that was the first one I saw and all I can say it Bob's got some balls of titanium. I mean hell, he slipped off the rail on the first one...if he'd botched that one any more it have been bye bye Bob. Tell you what, I've been skateboarding for close to 20 years. I've skated big vert ramps and there is no way in hell I would have dropped in on that freaking MONSTER of a ramp, much less slide a rail at the end into the grand canyon. That guy is freaking crazy. I definately wouldn't have the balls to try it with my 3yr old daughter standing there watching. Thats sort of sick and not in a good way, but he did it so what can I say, the guy is nuts.

The guy with the rocket propelled chute for base jumping was pretty crazy too. He almost ate the big one. You have to have a LOT of trust in that chute especially after it failed on him a few months earlier and almost killed him!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:16 PM
tomstock

Guys, I am about to kill the Stunt Junkies editors. Please please just ONE complete shot. They switch scenes so much it's nauseating. I bet they won't show the complete jump without cutting it in the middle!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:37 PM

Of course it wasn't a complete shot. They switched the angle several times. I was expecting a bigger land gap. He barely hit that landing too.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:46 PM

It wasn't much of a "massive gap jump". Although I do agree the difficulty about the stunt is the precision required to land right on the ramp. Good to see the sport that we all love on the Discovery Channel.