FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 04-16-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Idiots that can't drive suck.

On my way home from Lakeland yesterday, I got hit by some dude that didn't have a valid license, no insurance, and no registration.

It always has to be your new vehicle that gets hit, wtf!

I just got my truck and this jackass went across all 4 lanes, no signalling and very fast. Finally when he saw me he started to swerve back the other way... too late, he hit me.

It was on I-4 right at exit 7/SR 301.

I walked back to the guys, they immediatly offered to pay for the damage if I didn't call the cops.

I decided to write down info first, then take them off to the side into the nearest truck stop. I ended up talking to them for a little, trying to decide what to do... the guy driving had 400 bucs cash. They then tell me that the guy driving wasn't legit and there's no reason to worry, they'll pay for the damages and etc.

Well, they'd pay me 400 bucs, I'd call up to get the rest of the money and get screwed, so I decided to call the cops... I asked to use their cell phone and the guy driving complied, but the passanger said, "Well, we don't want anything happening to my friend here, we'll just pay for it, we also don't want anything happening to you."

Being alone at a truck stop with two other guys, both of which seem rather sketchy, I decide to take the phone into my truck and call from in there... little do they know, the reason I was in Lakeland was to purchase a Glock 19... so threats were of little use. I called 911 to get FHP there, got hung up on 5 times! I told the guys I called the FHP and they were on the way... the dude just says, "I'm not going to jail, see you later." So now it's a hit and run.

When the FHP pulls up, I give him my information and all the info I had on the other guys... he asks, "Have any weapons?" "Yes sir, I've got this knife clipped to my pocket and have a firearm in the glovebox."

He pulls out my newly aquired gun, tells me it's a felony. WTF?! Then he tells me, some cops will try to press it as concealed carry, although it really isn't (which I knew earlier) but it can still get held up in court if the gun isn't in a holster... he saw I just bought it, told me to buy a holster with a retention snap and it'd be fine... I didn't have my insurance info on me (new car, it was at home where I forgot it "doh!") so we waited for my parents to arive and just chit chatted about glocks and firearms in general...

Everything went through and we're trying to decide if we want to bring it up with the insurance agency at all...

The guy driving had his license suspended for 4 DUI's! The car wasn't registered, he wasn't allowed to drive, and he didn't have insurance.

Well, it just so happens that later that night they caught the guy and he has to pay all the damages... which I don't even plan on ever seeing.

So that's my story... Today I buffed out what I could/buffed out as much as I felt like before getting bored... and just mumbled incoherently to myself about how the hell some jackass can hit my new truck...

It's only minor damage, probably 800 bucs worth... I should've taken the 400 bucs... I buffed out most of the problem and there's only 2 small small dents...

On the way home to cheer myself up I stopped at Knights indoor shooting range to check range fees and rifles... There were plenty I liked that were under 400 bucs

Oh well, at least I had something to do yesterday and got my Glock...

Finally being 18 kicks ass...
Old 04-16-2006, 03:34 PM

thats sweet, and sucks at the same time.

how much do you weigh btw? i saw you riding the same size kite as me that day at east beach. I was underpowerd half the time, you seemed powerd.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:28 PM

What day?

I was at EB like 5 days last week...

I'm pretty sure I was really underpowered that day, hence the constant going downwind...

I was on my pulley bar too.

Just weighed myself, 155lbs.

EDIT: If I seemed powered, it's the board... I've rode that thing in the lowest of lows and it works out...
Old 04-16-2006, 09:48 PM

Maybe this story will make you feel better about your new dents. I will try 2 keep it short. About 8 years ago, I subcontracted a job to a local installer, who ended up quitting halfway through the job, and starting a fistfight in the doorway of my customer's showroom. After this incident, I filed a police report, but opted not to press charges. The guy was convinced that I still owed him some $$$, which was not the case, so he sees me picking up a trailer full of materials one day, and decides to road rage me, causing 3000 dollars in damage to my truck. He was arrested on the spot and charged with 2 felonies.When this guy was arrested, the officer didn't even ask for his insurance info(because it was criminal). Wouldn't his insurance co. wanna know that he is mowing people down in his vehicle?
I went to EVERY court appearance to assure I would get my restitution $$$., They reduce his charges to misdemenors, to GUARANTEE my $$$, put him on probation until july 2007, and kept him out of jail (to work and pay me off).I was being more than fair, only wanting my truck repaired.A week later,the judge changed the restitution order to a lien for no apparent reason.I may never get paid.(at least I am earning 10% interest on nothing!) One of his early release hearings I attended, I couldnt see him in the courtroom, until I looked up front at the guys in orange jumpsuits and shackles!!! He had gotten a DUI, while on probation for road rage.However, within a few weeks he had another hearing and was released.Case closed...To this day, I havent been compensated for my damages,my truck is still F'd up, and he was released from probation last year.
I want everyone to know that I have never even hit a curb in that truck, It has been run into 4 times. 3 hit and runs and a road rage. One of the hit n runs, I had my door open in a parking lot, a guy whipped into the space and hit my open door. He then floored it and left, never to be found. 2 more where I was not at the vehicle.
Hey kev- you feeling better yet? I hope so....
"Never pay more for a car, than you pay for a kite".
I think me and bayflite should have a used car sale very soon...
Old 04-16-2006, 10:08 PM

Yeah, I'm actually fine... I just couldn't believe they thought I wouldn't involve the police because he was driving illegally and didn't want to get into trouble.

It's very minor damage, hell, I can probably fix it myself. But just the inconvenience of sitting there waiting for the FHP and being hit...

If it was my old car, I wouldn't have cared... I had my old car for a year and only washed it ONCE and cleaned the inside well TWICE.

I've had this truck for two weeks and have washed it 3 times and cleaned the inside twice.

I really like this new truck... it's my baby :-D

Truck=8500
Kites=close to 3000
Firearm collection in near future= :shock:

I spend far too much money on things... :roll:

Oh well, anyone want to go shooting anytime soon, I need a 21 year old with me to shoot my handgun (wtf right) but I'm getting the rifle pictured below soon hopefully...

When the wind isn't blowing, I'm either playing some tennis or going shooting...

But about the accident, this is my first one, I've only gotten two other parking tickets. In my car I used to drive pretty fast and do stupid stuff (come on, teenager) in this truck I'm almost always the only person going the speedlimit (except for the drive down to EB in fort desoto) and I take extra super care of it...
Old 04-17-2006, 11:56 AM

Probably good I dont carry a gun in my car. I consider everyone else on the road my enemy and might fire at will a little too often.
:twisted:

What I *should* get instead is something like this:

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels/pimpstar.html

Where instead of shooting people, I would just quickly type in:

"Next time use your f**king blinker or I find a way to end your pathetic life, thank you."

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 04-17-2006, 02:02 PM

Eh, I keep pretty cool when driving...

I used to yell a lot with Josh in the car, mainly because he'd get a kick out of it... :lol:

Just gotta not sweat the small stuff.

Although, I do get pretty upset when I'm on my way kiting.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optionryder420
Eh, I keep pretty cool when driving...

I used to yell a lot with Josh in the car, mainly because he'd get a kick out of it... :lol:

Just gotta not sweat the small stuff.

Although, I do get pretty upset when I'm on my way kiting.
I get pretty angery at people while driving, even tho it's always with my parents, they don't care aslong as i'm driving good, but i still yell at people alot.

normally when im not even the one driving i'll be the one yelling especielly when getting a ride to the beach