FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Review of AERIAL ASSAULT from KITEFLIX!!!

Kiteflix has created an outstanding new 60 minute
Kiteboarding DVD, AERIAL ASSAULT

Staring Dimitri Maramenides starting at his home base in Cape Hatteras, sliding down to Ft. Pierce, Islamorada
in Florida, heading over to Puerto Rico and finishing up in Barbados. It is a highly entertaining wind blown
tour through some excellent destinations highlighted by Dimitri's unique riding style and wit. The Kiteflix
videography, editing and sound track are crafted to capture your attention and take you there too!

Here's a look inside along and some other images that occurred outside the shoot, sometimes a loooong way
outside. NOTE: the still images from the DVD were "captured" and as such are not as clear and sharp as
what you will see in the movie.

George and the crew have prepared a great video preview of the DVD on the Kiteflix Website

The DVD goes on a grand tour of wind destinations starting with Cape Hatteras and the home of Dimitri
and his family. Dimitri tools along in the latest road gear past the birthplace of powered flight.

A new launching platform from Ford or was it Chevy?

Drifting along off a favorite launch at Waves, NC.

Click for full sized panorama of view outward from the Waves launch.

The DVD takes a look at Dimitiri's children including his son ...

and daughter, both thoroughly engaged in training for handpasses and other wakestyle moves

Have you every forgotten where you put something down?

Did I mention the Jack Russels? This DVD has everything including dog speaking roles, true story.

In addition to throwing advanced moves some without names, Dimitri also allows a peak at new cutting
edge flying techniques. Harder ... FLAP harder!

George Saunders of Kiteflix hard at work at at his craft at the first Jupiter Kiteboarding Invasion.

George and the crew have prepared a great video preview of the DVD on the Kiteflix Website

Dimitri moves throuogh at the Jupiter Kiteboarding Invasion in '05

Indepth discussions are shown with inanimant but pretty flexible objects in the DVD. Dimitri puts "Bob"
through some karate moves.

The DVD touches on other up and coming talents along the tour including Morgan Skipperdene. Morgan is just to
the right of Clinton Bolton at Surf Expo '05. Morgan is killing it off OBX and in competitions. I can remember
seeing Morgan in Cabarete in 2001 learning to ride upwind, she has come a LONG way since those early days.

Morgan has great form.

Back to our star. Dimitri is so committed to his craft that he rides even when his feet are out of commission.

Dimitri lands in Miami Beach, literally, about four years ago for the Kiteboard Masters.

The DVD tours down the east coast to Islamorada for some flat water shredding, up to Ft. Pierce for an insane
powered waves session, down to Puerto Rico and then on to Barbados for some cliff action. Lots of variety!

Tooling along Ft. Pierce Inlet ...

and HIGH above the inlet

Dimitri has been a solid Pro rider for years, including this set of moves at the Velocity Games in '03.

Greg Kuklinski rides the Ft. Pierce waves like a native, which he is! Again, the DVD looks GREAT,
some of these captured stills on the other hand are a bit rough. You have to see the DVD to get
the full package.

I told Greg I would put up a legible photo of him and found this one from Surf Expo '05. He sure has some capable
looking staff! Oh, uh, Greg is the one in the middle.

Click for full sized image of launch area
Greg or GK has organized an excellent local website as a resource to riders interested in checking out
the area at: http://www.tckiteboard.com/

Moving on down to Islamorada, FL

Dimitri and Kiteflix crew slid into Islamorada, FL. Lots of great flatwater riding there.

Hitting it in PR including a sequence at the premier wave spot, "Shacks" in addition to this flat water spot

Down to Barbados for some truly memorable extreme launch footage from some cliffs

Off he goes ...

Back for a quick look at VG '03

True story ...

So, lots of action, exotic locales, Dimitri and tons of other well known riders going OFF, well filmed videography
and crafting in an entertaining sound track, in classic Kiteflix fashion. Great job to Dimitri and crew for the
outstanding shredding and to George and crew for creating this excellent DVD!

It is an amazing marketing and branding opportunity from some kite brand out there to show off their
kites in the hands of an expert rider in dramatic settings. You would have thought a savy kiteboarder manufacturer
would have jumped on something like this. Anyone want to signup to participate financially and benefit from
this excellent EXISTING promotional opportunity? Perhaps Dimitri could be induced to go on the road for a series
of showings locally supported by retailers. Marketing?!

Dimitri travels on, stay tuned and checkout this DVD!

Be sure to view the DVD trailer at Kiteflix and why not pick on up while you are there? It is a great buy for a
60 minute video and for only $29.95!

Kiteflix

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-28-2006, 09:12 AM

I bought this video from George at Kiteflix and it rocks. I give it 2 thumbs up.

-Chris
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 PM

Dmitri is a great guy!!! Met him up in Hatteras when I blew out a LE close to his kite and he was concerned only for my safety and that I got in, not upset at all at my kite stalling VERY close to his kite and then a gust powering it up again as it was half pumped up!!! It was great riding with him, his transition that he does while riding on the board on a hand then rolls into his transition is absolutely SICK!!! Saw him do that transition several times while he was up there riding at the Hatteras Island Sail Shop launch!!! Can't wait to buy the kiteflix video from George! Chris, do you have George from Kiteflix's e-mail???

Ray Leroy also was real cool and drove me upwind and picked me up downwind so that I could get in some killer downwinders while in Hatteras at HISS!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Skyway Scott

I think its a great vid too.
We just got a dozen more of them off of George at Kiteflix.

Got a free shirt and the Reef bikini contest vid for free (nice perks... get it?)

http://www.oceanextremesports.com/ca...roducts_id=451