FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 08-23-2010, 05:25 PM

Default jackass of the day

Driving to work today I saw somebody giving a lesson at Hobie beach. I know that this location has been shut down by the city, so I stopped to get a closer look. The instructor had the student within the swim buoys directly next to the Seaquarium in gusty onshore winds. I didn't have a camera, but I grabbed it at lunch and took a video of the instructor riding inside the buoys and doing airs..showing the student "how its done" no doubt.

It's up to us to call these guys out. Spread the word. Unsafe riding practices are bad enough, but as an instructor you have an even greater responsibility since your example is often their first impression of what is an acceptable attitude.

-patrick (sorry for link...can't ever get the embed video thing to work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87gr0NcgEDo
Old 08-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks for posting the video Patrick. A request, no names for the rider or student in this. A picture can say a thousand words adding to that the beach is CLOSED, what the hell is this guy doing out there. It is illegal to teach there regardless, to ride inside the buoys, when the beach is closed and a damn dumb idea to do so with strong SW winds with squalls blowing through.

We have to do a lot better than this if we're going to keep access to our spots. Get involved like Patrick!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-23-2010, 07:03 PM

agreed Rick...this isn't meant to be a slander fest. I don't even know who this is...

the point of doing videos is for people to see the face...for people who do know this guy to see it....and next time you run into him pull him aside and say "dude...not cool"

pressure from our community is how it will get done, and we can do it in a civil manner without drama.

-patrick