FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

View Poll Results: Are you interested in an Eclipse kites demo day on Thursday, 2/1/2007?
Yes, I am interested and will be able to make it. 11 73.33%
I can't make it but would be interested in trying the 14M Thruster. 2 13.33%
No, I am not interested. 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Skyway Scott

I just got offered a job. I start on ................. Thursday.

I will now be logging on at night and reading of others' weekday exploits and adventures, like so many other of us local 9 to 5-ers (weekend warrior sounds less ho-hum).

I think Dimitri is my favorite guy in the whole world to watch. You guys are in for a treat to be able to watch him "perform" at EB and obviously it's gonna be a treat to demo his and Chris's new kites.
I was looking forward to doing both, but duty literally called (thank goodness!)

It'd be great to read a review of the kites on here.
Oh, I guess I am just assuming this is happening. Is it, Toby?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Can't Re-member

Congratulations!

I suppose I won't be seeing you for dawn patrols either?

Don't worry about the kites, I'll review them quite well for you, LOL!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:39 PM

Wink

I have a couple of calls into him letting him know how interested our locals are in a demo day but also letting him know that if he has to go back we understand...but would REALLY love him to stick around for a day for us. As soon as I hear back from him I will make sure to post an update.

Last edited by toby wilson; 01-30-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Skyway Scott

If it happens, it'd sure be cool to get some pics of the gear.
Donna can be there by 2pm. I will give her my camera.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:16 PM

I'm just curious is the kite scene huge down in Naples? I think our area is exceptionally cool. We have a sizeable dedicated group of hard core kiters and it is growing almost too fast here. We have a locale were you can kite no mater what direction it is blowing from. Why is it we don’t get respect from the major brands? I would think Tampa/ St Pete would be a major roll out spot for new product. Come to think of it maybe we’re better off without the attention…Nevermind

Bob
Old 01-30-2007, 06:25 PM

Wink

I can think of one reason he may be in Naples...one of his team riders, Ray Leroy lives there!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:58 AM

Talking

GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF THE WEEKEND WARRIORS IN THE AREA!!!(That means you too Scott!)

Dimitri will NOT be able to make it for the demo day on Thursday.

He is now shooting for the weekend - and it looks like we will have some KILLER conditions to test these kites out in and also get to watch Dimitri rip it up!!! I will continue to post updates as I get them, but updates going forward may come from Steve-O as I think this is going to end up as a WSW demo, Dimitri is giving them a call now.

Last edited by toby wilson; 01-31-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:17 AM
Skyway Scott

Very cool. Thanks for the effort and info, Toby.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:14 PM

Talking

I just want Dimitri to see what our area has to offer, we have a kiting paradise here. I also want our locals to get the same chance that some of the other areas are getting to have demo days.

I'm REALLY hoping he will ride in our race next year as I have a vested interest in the race with my participation in organizing it, I mentioned it to him and he seemed pretty amped about riding in the 3rd Annual Tampa Bay KiteMasters race!!!

I obviously am stoked on Dimitri's kites and boards too. I have one of each. I plan on selling my whole quiver and replacing it with Thrusters (insert sarcastic comments about my gear buying addiction here) immediately after my first sesh on my Thruster 14M when it lives up to all of the rave reviews I have read about their power...the power lock system on the bar is supposed to be nuts!

Supposedly, in 10kt winds someone got lofted twice while demoing the 10M when he put the ez lock clam cleat in place. The second time he came down foot first into a brand new RRD. The RRD is now for sale and he supposedly immediately bought a quiver of Thrusters...Can't wait to try mine out and see how the power compares to my bigger C kites!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson
Supposedly, in 10kt winds someone got lofted twice while demoing the 10M when he put the ez lock clam cleat in place. The second time he came down foot first into a brand new RRD.

hmmmm....

i read that story too.. dont think thats something that makes me want to go out and try one.

i think the main point of the story was how light the wind was and the guy was surprised that the kite got the best of him.

i hate the feeling of being lofted.. has not happened even in the slightest since i switched to waroos... not even close.

that being said.. i am stoked to try these kites..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa