FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Skyway Scott

I don't know. I just saw this video and it seems to really nail the no lesson approach :shock:
He really should take his own advice though, the broken pump weakened my confidence in him (along with one or two other things).
My favorite quote - "Make sure the harness doesn't slip up... it will be a pain in the ass!"

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Quote:
Dissclaimer: many people think you need to learn with a trainer kite and take at least 5 hours of lessons before you can try on your own. Use this video at your own risk.

Also the video generated a lot of feedback from experienced kiters which you can find on google. The main issue is the leash, many people are religious about always attaching a leash. Make sure you understand how the leash works and how to use it, it is not safe to not have a leash when there are people on the beach. If you have to pull the red thing in an emergency leash will prevent the kite from flying into people on the beach and killing them. The leash part is skipped in this video.

Kitesurfing 101 part 1 of 2. This 20 minutes video will almost ensure that if you order your equipment online and turn up at your local beach you have a chance of going home with unbroken bones and your kite intact.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:37 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, no lessons needed, just watch this joker's video!!!

My favorite quote was "keep the kite between 1 o'clock and 4 o'clock".

Also, I loved the fact that his depower rope was about 2 inches long...

The fact that he thought a runaway kite tumbling through crowds of families minding their own business and "enjoying" a day on the beach was safer than a newbie using a kite leash and enduring a little bit of discomfort from being drug due to their own mistake and maybe learning a lesson the hard way was just classic!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, my Mother wants to learn to kiteboard, does anyone know where I can get a copy of this wonderful instructional video on DVD so that I can ensure my Mother's safety??? :roll:
Old 07-20-2006, 04:32 PM

i love how when he told the girl you always lay your lines out downwind, he pointed upwind haha.

if i were a newb, i wouldn't understand anything he says, escpcielly with that accent
Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 PM

damn it I didn't see this, it's like a deja Vu

never mind Gio, Josh was right, I was wrong, let's not ride, let's get you some lessions,
yes you can learn by yourself, but you WILL get beat up, and make sure you don't put anyone else in danger 'cose then again, you WILL get beat up.
and if you don't get beat up we'll make faces and flick boogers at you...

seriously though, as you soon will see getting dragged out of control is no fun at all, especially on hard pokey surfaces.
Save your money till October and take lessions, untill we start getting some constant winds, 'cose: if you weight around 160-190lbs with a 12M kite you'll need at least 25-30m MPH to ride powered up.

Hope some of this sinks in..
Z
Old 07-22-2006, 08:15 AM

ohhhh kkkkkk.....thats a great instructional video! When watching Part 2 after he puts the harness on and says" someone that used this before me must have been fatter than me" he shows how the bar works....A side from everything being backward in this video, he points to the right and says "go left" then points to the right and says "go right"cant tell his left from his right.

Maybe it has something to do with driving on the wrong side of the road in his native country. This guy should stick to late night or early morning infometials selling car wax.