FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 12-12-2013, 09:38 AM

Default BVI (Anegada) Advice

Hello all. We are going on a sailing trip that starts in St. Thomas. I was hoping that some of you may be able to give us advice. We are able to go where we would like. We have heard of most of the good spots, but also here that out of them all, Anegada is the best.

So, if you had 7 days and spending any day away from Anegada would take good kite time away from Anegada, is there any MUST SEE(kite) spot that shouldn't be missed?

We are mainly interested in flat water days

Thanks all
Old 12-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I would be sure to work in some land based stops regardless of kiting considerations. Scandalous I know but it is worth hitting these if you're in the BVI.

Around Tortola, I would hit Jost Van Dyke and Foxies, Sandy Cay if the wind is stable enough for some kiting. Might as well visit St. Johns as you are in the area. The Bomba Shack which will likely be in the lee of the island for party time, full moon is best. The Baths, Peter Island, Willie T's off Norman Island, Bitter End. You can kite north of Bitter End launching from the resort or from your boat riding in Eustatia Sound. There are still more spots. If the wind is other than a normal E to ENE trade wind direction, other spots might be better. If you dive, Seal Dog Rocks and the Rhone are worth visiting. Have a great trip!

http://www.bviddm.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanre View Post
Hello all. We are going on a sailing trip that starts in St. Thomas. I was hoping that some of you may be able to give us advice. We are able to go where we would like. We have heard of most of the good spots, but also here that out of them all, Anegada is the best.

So, if you had 7 days and spending any day away from Anegada would take good kite time away from Anegada, is there any MUST SEE(kite) spot that shouldn't be missed?

We are mainly interested in flat water days

Thanks all

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 12-15-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Got some input on this from Robert on Facebook:

" Definitely The Baths at Virgin Gorda (before or after the cruise crowds) and Jost Van Dyke and make sure to hang out at The Caves at Norman Island https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1574721766583...

British Virgin Islands Sailing 2010
Ramona paddleboarding back to our home for ten days, a Hunter 420 named Ciao. We spent a relaxing day moored directly in front of The Caves at Norman Island, the location that inspired the book Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Two weeks in the BVI including ten days sailing on a Hunter 420. Over the next week or two I'll be uploading lots more pics from this trip.
By: Robert Sullivan"

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi