FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 07-03-2006, 08:30 PM

Brazil sounds very interesting this sept would be tough for us cuz of $$$ but perhaps next year if you decide to go again. I think we would be game for that.

We should get a group to go to Oregon next year it is a great break from the heat and relatively cheap lots of great camp sites or houses to rent. It will be interesting to see how the coast is for kitesurfing it looks spectacular. I love Oregon very beautiful with the contrast of the Mountains covered in snow in the backdrop very cool.

Well we got no boards to travel with but I think Maya maybe be coming with us. Oregon allows dogs at their state park campsites and beaches on the coast and the spit at the Gorge is quite the dog hang out so she can run around like the crazy dog she is.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:25 PM

Bry, I would go if I were employed but then again, I'd probably have to work...catch 22 huh?
Old 07-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Can't Re-member

Yep, life is good ! Flew into PDX late Wed. and went kiting all day at the sand spit in hood river Thurs on the 16m Powered!

Then superpowered on the 9m Fri!

http://www.ikitesurf.com/windAndWher...on=Last+7+Days

Sat, today is shaping to 20-25kts, it is non-stop. At least I'll be in shape for the hurricanes and you'll have to call me BuffR! LOL!
Old 07-15-2006, 11:11 AM

Raul,
Glad you're getting some good wind. How is the launch at the Spit this year? I heard earlier in the season that the water was very high leaving little room to launch/land.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:15 PM

Glad to hear you are getting some good wind Raul!!! Bring some back with you when you come home will ya?
Old 07-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Can't Re-member

Yeah they regulate the water level too suite their needs, yesterday we were launching almost from the parking lot and this morning they put the plugs in the river and I have never seen the sand spit any bigger than today in all my life!

I am beat from kiting nonstop noon-5pm , taco's, burritto's and quasadilla's at the taqueria with a few margarita's and after a day of 25kts me and Lori are toasty!

Gotta head to the coast over by sunset bch on monday , ( forecast here on Sun for 30 kts ) , and check out some waves and maybe do some downwinders

We even caught up with local FL boy Neil H. over here today catching some gorge hospitality

Maybe we'll be able to bring some wind back with us!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:56 AM

Well after getting skunked our last two trips this is great. First and second day launch was a bit sketchy for me but just watched the locals and it wasn't bad at all. Yesterday a huge spit. Looks like they are letting the water back in today.

Kiting is beautiful out here can see Mt hood in the backdrop. Takes me a day or two to get confidence and to powerup the kite cuz lots of poleboardes and kiters but once you get upwind it is awesome. I think it is too gusty for me to learn any tricks out here but still it is awesome riding. Highly recommend this place as lots to do and people are really friendly. Very difficult to get skunked in July out here we haven't yet.

We are going on a hike this morning with my brother and his wife hope us flatlanders can handel the steep pitch. They are "training" for a long trek in the alps- Not sure the hanging on to the kite muscles overlap with the hiking muscle groups so we may be sucking in air on this hike.

Miss Maya but I know Jordon is taking great care of her. She's a sparky dog now.