FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 02-01-2006, 10:35 AM

Default INSTRUCTOR NEW TO THE AREA

Hello fellow wind lovers !

I have just moved from the Cayman Islands to the Tarpon Springs area and I would like to introduce myself. I have been kiteboarding for approximately 5 years and have recently completed my IKO Instructors level 1. I believe my 10 years in teaching scuba diving and boat captain will play a big part of my safety orientated courses. I would love to hear from anyone regarding local areas and any one who may like to learn our passionate sport. I will be based out of Tarpon Springs but I frequently travel down to the St. Pete area.

I look forward to hearing from you all. You can always email me at: davidrochlc@hotmail.com

I look forward to your replies.

David
Old 02-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: INSTRUCTOR NEW TO THE AREA

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Hello fellow wind lovers !

I have just moved from the Cayman Islands to the Tarpon Springs area and I would like to introduce myself. I have been kiteboarding for approximately 5 years and have recently completed my IKO Instructors level 1. I believe my 10 years in teaching scuba diving and boat captain will play a big part of my safety orientated courses. I would love to hear from anyone regarding local areas and any one who may like to learn our passionate sport. I will be based out of Tarpon Springs but I frequently travel down to the St. Pete area.

I look forward to hearing from you all. You can always email me at: davidrochlc@hotmail.com

I look forward to your replies.

David
Hello David,

Welcome to Florida! Were you based on Grand Cayman or Little Cayman or Brac? I have always felt a good grounding in dive instruction was an asset in kiteboarding instruction.

Be sure to list your instructional and contact info at:
http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=42

Also there is a forum just for NW Florida at:
http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=65

Have fun,

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 02-02-2006, 11:35 AM

Thank you for the welcome and information. I lived on Little Cayman Island for the 6 years and loved it. We took many holidays as you can imagine since the island is only 10 miles x 1 mile and with a population of 150.

I do believe I can bring my teaching and safety experience of scuba diving to the kiteboarding sport.

It is supposed to be blowing 24 here so I am going to head to Sunshine Park and see if I can get a session in.

Best Regards,

David