FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 04:28 PM

Christophe,

Sounds good to me. I think it's a great idea to connect the events. Good for kiting, good for Fla and good for kiters...

And lets add a few miles on your downwinder to Key Largo and head into Islamorada...eventually cover the entire east coast...maybe we could finally get permission to round the cape and we could session some of Florida's best waves!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott View Post
Funny.
Naahhh, thats the lightly funny version...
I'm just tryin' out my brand new tongue sharpener that came with the new callout system. Anybody get theirs yet? They were supposed to go out next day air from what I heard on the infomercial.
Maybe there was a recall...oh well...
Let's RACE!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum T.I. View Post
Naahhh, thats the lightly funny version...
I'm just tryin' out my brand new tongue sharpener that came with the new callout system. Anybody get theirs yet? They were supposed to go out next day air from what I heard on the infomercial.
Maybe there was a recall...oh well...
Let's RACE!

now that IS funny...

I like being called out. It's way better than people talking smack in the shaddows and keeps me in check...just not sure that sunday deserves a calling out...other than calling out how freakin sweet our new slider turned out... and calling out for all freestylers to come practice on it whenever they want (as long as it is set out). (Please don't hit her when she's sleeping on the shore)

oh...and I figured out that the new toung sharpener on the callout system only really works when you enter your name on line one...
Old 03-09-2008, 06:09 PM

Yes, we know each other B-rad, we're both kiters...
Sure let's discuss it... I was there about 4minutes, here's what I saw between the slider and shore: Suicide leashes, no helmets, balls out kiting with bystanders in the wind window,kiteloops,jump transitions, trees, rocks, cars directly downwind, and jet skis blazing through the riding area -which was mainly the area between the sailboat and shore.I must admit that I didn't really see any kites in the trees, I just threw that in for effect. But I do have some sail tape if you guys need some.....

I just dont think that was a good choice considering the recent bans created by riding 2 close to shore. Maybe you and the "pros" or whoever it was should realize that a slider 100' from shore is flat out dangerous, and actions such as that are what needs attention in our sport.

If you didn't listen to the infomercial, ALL kiters are encouraged to stand up for their spots, and call out bad behavior, and it shows no preference to riding level,# of jet skis, or sponsorship status. Shit man, you're getting off easy with just a slight ribbing, the experts suggested videotaping it and making it public.

Nice talkin at ya, see you on the sandbar....

BTW, Friday's looking kinda sweet from the SE, see ya on the water!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:56 PM

Default hmm

Brad I am going to totally agree with Sir Magnum on this one. You totally invite a bunch of your kiter-noobs to your beach week after week and encourage them so greatly to hit the slider that is so conveniently placed 10 feet off of your beach, meanwhile teasing them with cookies asking them to loop there kite very close to the beautiful palm trees of whale harbor where all the innocent spectators stand about.
Live on seven
-Bobby
Old 03-10-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-rad View Post
ok...I'm all about long distance races...but anyone ready for a hard-core freestyle event?

like really chill everyone throwdown rider judged photo heavy party on the water???
Good thing it wasn't a "rider judged photo heavy party", huh?
Would have been more like a "mass suicide of sponsored riders".
(The jet ski collection is A-mazing,but some of you guys would have to pawn those skis to buy your next quiver!) BTW- I didn't notice the "Pros Only" sign...my Bad, Bee-rad... (I'll put a rush on that sail tape for ya)
I am just bustin' yer nuggets, Bee-Rad,I can respect the arrangement you have with the WH people, we have a killer setup there,without a doubt!
The moral of the story is that WH is your responsibility, and very visible to everyone, even from the B-ridge. Hopefully this little chat will encourage you and others to pay attention to your actions and kite a little smarter. Think it will work?

B-Safe, B-rother,
~M-agnum
Old 03-10-2008, 09:17 AM

thanks bobby-

Magnum, four years ago that wasn't a spot. I developed it. I have spent tons of money and time to keep this launch open (to the public). I'm for sure not going to do anything wilingly to loose it now. On the contrary, our session on Sunday with 30+ kites was great for Islamorada, our sport and that spot (the owners were there all day watching and they loved it...and they DO know the dangers).

The wind was side, side on-shore; no bystanders were in the window, cars were not downwind, and the palms are there as protection. When you can hit the kicker as hard as you want, miss the pass and loop the kite four times as you get drug like 200 feet and you are still a kite line away from shore, it is ok by me. Many people crashed...we crashed all day on 7's, 9's and 10m kites. Kites looped near the shore, for sure. If it was ON shore it would have looked much different.

I'll admit that it might have been inconvenient for kiters to come and launch in the middle of that session unless they were comfortable riding with kiters all around.

I wish you had some video...I would love to see it!!! I think there are some pics. We are on the same side Magnum...we want the same thing. I would be happy to discuss it more with you if you want. You know where to find me...(I don't know where to find you, but that's ok...you can keep your alias...it might be cool if you introduced yourself to me in person...if you really want to help keep launches open...)

with love-
B-rad
Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum T.I. View Post
Good thing it wasn't a "rider judged photo heavy party", huh?
Would have been more like a "mass suicide of sponsored riders".
(The jet ski collection is A-mazing,but some of you guys would have to pawn those skis to buy your next quiver!) BTW- I didn't notice the "Pros Only" sign...my Bad, Bee-rad... (I'll put a rush on that sail tape for ya)
I am just bustin' yer nuggets, Bee-Rad,I can respect the arrangement you have with the WH people, we have a killer setup there,without a doubt!
The moral of the story is that WH is your responsibility, and very visible to everyone, even from the B-ridge. Hopefully this little chat will encourage you and others to pay attention to your actions and kite a little smarter. Think it will work?

B-Safe, B-rother,
~M-agnum

mass suicide?? pawn skis to buy next quiver??? What are you talking about? Are you just trying to start trouble? I hear your point about having the slider too close to shore...ok...but...if you just want to bust my nuggets...thanks for nothing...

We are taking donations for more sand on the beach...feel like helping out or just want to bust nuggets????
Old 03-10-2008, 06:08 PM

I'm almost done bustin on ya, and I do commend your efforts up there, Brad.(I'll even buy the beer when we have that chat) Thanks for sacking up and taking it. Next time that slider goes out, I could almost bet ya a dozen skis it will be well away from the beach.(mission accomplished)
I am all for protecting spots,and more sand on the beach-
Have you considered hauling tourists out to the sandbar to see the pros in action, up close and upwind?
How about free lessons or jet ski rides for the sand man?
Raffle a ski? (just kidding)
Sell the kite catchers, I mean palm trees.
Raffle off some helmets and impact vests?
Throw a fundraising concert, party or event.
Wet boardshort car wash for old ladies?
Shit man, I don't know. My show's been off the air since the mid-80's- I am broke...
Old 03-10-2008, 09:13 PM

brad,

let us know about the slider you know brandon and I are down to come to WH and show what slider riding is all about..

LF represent!

- Ian
Closed Thread