FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-22-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Coming to visit!

Hi folks!

I'll be in Ft-Lauderdale area this coming week end for a week... I'd like to ride and meet other riders... I'll probably be visiting Delray, Dania, Crandon and might head down to Islamorada during next week....
I know you're worried about the french tourist coming down!!!... I read about all the rules on the different spots and got my PASA level III today!!
If any of you want to share some good flat (confirmed rider) and wave (beginner/intermediate) spots I'd appreciate a lot.... you might want to do that by email... phil_gingras@hotmail.com leave any message on how to find you and I'll be glad to meet you on the spots!

Who know's.... you might want to come and ride the powder next winter up here in Quebec, Canada!!!! mi casa es su casa!!!

visit us at www.tribekiteboarding.com

Cheers
see ya soon!|
Chillibreeze

Sorry I've put the same tread in the travel section..... but thissection is more popular I guess! :shock:
Old 02-22-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Coming to visit!

Hi folks!

I'll be in Ft-Lauderdale area this coming week end for a week... I'd like to ride and meet other riders... I'll probably be visiting Delray, Dania, Crandon and might head down to Islamorada during next week....
I know you're worried about the french tourist coming down!!!... I read about all the rules on the different spots and got my PASA level III today!!
If any of you want to share some good flat (confirmed rider) and wave (beginner/intermediate) spots I'd appreciate a lot.... you might want to do that by email... phil_gingras@hotmail.com leave any message on how to find you and I'll be glad to meet you on the spots!

Who know's.... you might want to come and ride the powder next winter up here in Quebec, Canada!!!! mi casa es su casa!!!

Cheers
see ya soon!|
Chillibreeze

Sorry I've put the same tread in the travel section..... but thissection is more popular I guess! :shock:
Old 02-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Coming to visit (SE Florida)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillibreeze
Hi folks!

Cheers
see ya soon!|
Chillibreeze

I hope you have some good winds while you are here. Some good information on realtime winds appears at:

http://www.ikitesurf.com/windandwher...icalAreaID=999

and forecast wind at:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mfl/

You could checkout Ft. Pierce, Jupiter and Delray for wave spots. If you do key word searches of this site you should find a great deal out about them along with precautions.

For Ft. Lauderdale be sure to visit kitesurfusa.com that relates rules and the layout of the launch.

Regarding Dania and Hollywood you should get in touch with Damien with www.eastcoastkiteboarding.com about precautions.

As far as Miami is concerned you have no doubt seen recent posts relating the rules at Crandon including registration at the office. Crandon and points south move into flat water riding. More about the rules at: http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=498

Miamikiteboarding.com offers a sea taxi operation to the flats well away from shore in Biscayne Bay that may be worth checking out.

Way to the south, Paul Menta has a similar operation out of Key West, under kste.net.

In between Brad Lange at sevensports.com has a launch and shop in Islamorada.

There are a LOT of riding areas out there, have fun!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 02-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Coming to visit (SE Florida)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillibreeze
Hi folks!

Cheers
see ya soon!|
Chillibreeze

I hope you have some good winds while you are here. Some good information on realtime winds appears at:

http://www.ikitesurf.com/windandwher...icalAreaID=999

and forecast wind at:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mfl/

You could checkout Ft. Pierce, Jupiter and Delray for wave spots. If you do key word searches of this site you should find a great deal out about them along with precautions.

For Ft. Lauderdale be sure to visit kitesurfusa.com that relates rules and the layout of the launch.

Regarding Dania and Hollywood you should get in touch with Damien with www.eastcoastkiteboarding.com about precautions.

As far as Miami is concerned you have no doubt seen recent posts relating the rules at Crandon including registration at the office. Crandon and points south move into flat water riding. More about the rules at: http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=498

Miamikiteboarding.com offers a sea taxi operation to the flats well away from shore in Biscayne Bay that may be worth checking out.

Way to the south, Paul Menta has a similar operation out of Key West, under kste.net.

In between Brad Lange at sevensports.com has a launch and shop in Islamorada.

There are a LOT of riding areas out there, have fun!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi