FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:42 PM

haha...ya 'mon I know da feelin'.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:45 PM

Red face I have no idea what that means Bryan

What are you guys talking about?
Old 06-08-2007, 06:36 AM

I will explain it to you Toby, right after I finish this triple cheesburger, box of Twinkies and a bag of Funyuns.........
Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 AM
popeye

it's an experiment in fuzzy logic.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Had to post on this one

Now I usually don’t post on stuff like this but I have to say something. Everyone needs to remember at the end of the day these are businesses that are trying to compete with each other. It's nothing personal at all.

They are just supplying a need because the demand is there for Best brand kites! Yeah before all they used to sell was Cabrihna and Slingshot. Because think about it, that is basically what everyone flew around here a few years ago I hear.

I totally see there point about saying the 06 kites “Looked” like they where cheaply made. You have to admit when you pumped up a 06 Cabrihna kite or 06 Slingshot kite next to a 06 best kite “Visually” the best kites looked not as high quality. Now a lot of guys flew the 06 kites and never had any issues with them at all with failure! Actually I think the 06 Best kites had fewer issues then the 06 Slingshot kites. Now how the heck would WSW know that at first that best kites where going to hold up? They don’t they have to look at the product and make a choice weather to carry them are not. It seems they made a wrong choice in not carrying the 06 best kites because everyone loves them that flew them. Oh well you learn from your past, now WSW is making the decision to carry Best now because they want to make money! It’s a business and they are going to carry product that sell. Plus the 07 best kites “Visually” look very high quality and are very up to par with any kite out there for quality.

I really doubt that the fact that Randy carries Best gear is the reason is the reason WSW is carrying best. Again it’s a business and they want to carry product that sell! Of course when Randy decided to become a Best dealer WSW had to cut ties with him. For them to send him student would be a BAD business move. The reason they used to send him students is so the students learn and then buy kites from WSW! I mean if they where to send students to him now it would be honestly just “Stupid” on there part. Again it’s nothing personal at all!

I honestly feel bad for Steve-O because anytime he post anything on the forum about gear he has people jump all over him for pimping!!!! I mean his last post a while back he did had a very “Pimpin” feel to it and everyone jumped on him. He learned from that mistake and this time he just posted that they are carrying Best gear now. I mean everyone reads the forum it is a great move for Steve-O to post that they are carrying Best now. A lot of people buy Best kites and he was telling people there is another vendor for Best kites in St. Pete now. He was basically telling us we have another option. Yeah if we call up WSW, and talk to Steve-O to buy a kite from him he is going to make some money off the sale. He sells kites! It’s his job, so good for him.

Really if there is some rule against pimping gear then bad Steve-O. Rick should delete the post and tell him not to pimp gear on this forum. I really don’t know what the rule is. Honestly I hope that is not the case because if they get some cool new stuff I want to know! This way we can demo it and see if we like it. If the other shops are not going to use the forum to say “Hey we got are now carrying (Insert Brand) now” OR “Hey on (Insert day) we are going to demo (Insert Brand) at (Insert location)” then that is what they choose to do. Everyone advertise differently and if Steve-O wants to use the forum I think it is unfair of us to jump on him for doing it because none of the other shops are doing it. (Providing there is no rule against it)

Again everyone it is a business and it is nothing personal at all! At the end of the day who cares where you buy your stuff from. As long as you are happy with what you got that’s all that matters. If it was a great price, good customer service, great product, want to support a certain store, etc that made you buy it from where ever you got it then good for you!

Let just be cool with each other and have good time on the water. It’s great when everyone gets a long and shares the “Wind” buzz together!

RS

Last edited by shogun1204; 06-08-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Had to post on this one

Edited "Posted it twice" My bad! LOL

RS
Old 06-08-2007, 09:35 AM

Thumbs up Amen!!!

AMEN!!! Nice post Roy.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:00 AM

Talking

"Its not personal...its just business"
-Donald Trump on 'The Apprentice"
Old 06-08-2007, 10:50 AM
popeye

Summary:

This seems to have started because someone posted their surprise that wsw (alleged best hater) now wants to carry Best. Others eluded that it's most likely an attempt to shut down Randy out of retaliation for leaving wsw.

Someone people jumped in with personal attacks taking the thread way off track ... and then that finally settled down.

I didn't really see anything bashing Steve-O. I really don't think anyone has a problem with him. He's been doing a great job of proving himself out there and I am sure everyone recognizes him for it. I know I do.

Open competition sounds good, but if you knew anything about how kite shops do business you'd know that they do not agree with this philosophy. Typically the smaller shops want protection from the larger shops.

I understand what you and Toby are saying about business is business. I sort of feel the same way. Business is war. Shops should be free to compete and set prices where they want to based on their overhead costs. I don't think the distributors allow this because I know they try to enforce retail price (but there are some loopholes).

Anyway, it's time for this thread to die. It's off track and not really going anywhere. Lets just see how it all plays out! Cheaper prices, more availability, etc ...

-tom

Last edited by popeye; 06-08-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Just a reminder

I just wanted to chime in here and remind everyone that from Steve-O's original post he stated a few things:

1) He is aware of the "pimpin" rule
2) simply stated that WSW now carries BEST
3) Listed other brands
4) Thanks people for the support

It seems that his intention was not to insult anyone or post a list of the WSW competitors that carry Best.

If Steve-O sells kites, and there is a kiting forum where his target audience communicates, WOW imagine the idea that he might want to get involved with that forum to stay in touch with his customers, present and future.

That post has generated quite a buzz and I certainly have enjoyed the continued posts!

Thanks for supporting your local forum!!!!
Closed Thread