FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > General Discussion > HOW TO START, Kiteboarding Training & Schools > HOW TO START ...
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-01-2004, 10:10 PM

Default Chance to buy but unsure

I have a chance to purchase an 02 slingshot fuel and carbon 03 bar with chicken loop for 250

I am flying a trainer over the window to sharpen my skills from years of stunt flying. I plan to take some lessons in the panhandle in the spring.

Is this kite a good choice to play with as a starter? or should I spend a little more and buy a newer model?

Thanks for any advice.

TJay
Old 12-01-2004, 10:10 PM

Default Chance to buy but unsure

I have a chance to purchase an 02 slingshot fuel and carbon 03 bar with chicken loop for 250

I am flying a trainer over the window to sharpen my skills from years of stunt flying. I plan to take some lessons in the panhandle in the spring.

Is this kite a good choice to play with as a starter? or should I spend a little more and buy a newer model?

Thanks for any advice.

TJay
Old 12-02-2004, 06:03 AM

what size fuel? lines on the bar? why wait till spring for the lessons? the wind will be blowing this winter so now would be the time for the lessons. buy a good warm wetsuit and booties and go for it. if you can't afford the warm water gear, then this sport is not for you. this is a very expensive sport. you can start out cheap with used gear, but when the bug gets you, hide the credit cards!!!! i have no idea what lessons cost, but the best instructor around is Paul in Jacksonville. his number is 904-424-2721.
even if you don't want to come here for the lessons, he is a wealth of info and can tell you what you need and should expect from the instructor you choose.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:03 AM

what size fuel? lines on the bar? why wait till spring for the lessons? the wind will be blowing this winter so now would be the time for the lessons. buy a good warm wetsuit and booties and go for it. if you can't afford the warm water gear, then this sport is not for you. this is a very expensive sport. you can start out cheap with used gear, but when the bug gets you, hide the credit cards!!!! i have no idea what lessons cost, but the best instructor around is Paul in Jacksonville. his number is 904-424-2721.
even if you don't want to come here for the lessons, he is a wealth of info and can tell you what you need and should expect from the instructor you choose.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:57 PM

I guess the size would have helped. This is a 14m kite.
Thanks for all the advice, and I will consider it for sure.
What I really need is an opinion on the kite. What do you folks think of the 2002 14m Fuel?

TJay
Old 12-02-2004, 06:57 PM

I guess the size would have helped. This is a 14m kite.
Thanks for all the advice, and I will consider it for sure.
What I really need is an opinion on the kite. What do you folks think of the 2002 14m Fuel?

TJay