FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > General Discussion > HOW TO START, Kiteboarding Training & Schools > HOW TO START ...
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-18-2011, 02:01 PM

Default BEST kiteboard training in St. Pete/Tampa???

Hello all, I live in Madeira Beach FL and am wanting to start kiteboarding this year, Any help/advice i can get will be greatly appreciated, but what i really need right now is a good training school in the area??
Old 01-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome to the sport! There are quite a few instructors in the area, some have info listed at: http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44

I would carefully read over the article at http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=937 and interview your prospects on individual merits. You are right to want a good school, not all instruction is equal. Do your homework and you should make a good connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gforu View Post
Hello all, I live in Madeira Beach FL and am wanting to start kiteboarding this year, Any help/advice i can get will be greatly appreciated, but what i really need right now is a good training school in the area??

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 04-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Hi 1gforu,

Check out www.kiteboardingtampabay.com for kiteboarding lessons in St Petersburg Tampa area, launch sites, and more area information.

(813) 389-3683

See ya on the water
Old 04-08-2011, 06:59 PM

watersports west has instructors all over the county... call them and they will tell you where there closest instructor and prices,, they are the best....
Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 AM

Hi Mr. Bottom,
Not all businesses here are "competitors"- your post came across that way, so that's why I feel it's important to clarify.
My interest is in teaching safely and keeping our beaches open to kiteboarding- that's common knowledge to most around here.

WSW is a great shop for sure, and I'm quite sure that they would recommend my training program, just as I would theirs. As an instructor for 6 years, I have had a great relationship with them and have taught many of their customers during that time.
In return, they have been a great source of gear and accessories for my students, and have also been a strong supporter of our non-profit organization.
Although I am no longer a part of Team WSW, our relationship is better than ever.

I am not so sure about them having instructors all over the county, though.

Last I heard, all WSW instructors were teaching in North Pinellas county and have made good progress in establishing guidelines for their spots.

As I am a south county instructor, my focus is following their lead for establishing guidelines at Ft. Desoto and Skyway launches, through TBKA.

If you happen to see any of the instructors you speak of, please let them know their participation is requested in laying out these guidelines.

BTW, Here's the link to WSW:
www.watersportswest.com

Happy Kiting!
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com