FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-27-2009, 10:01 PM

Default Attention North County Riders

Hear ye, hear ye!!!! Honeymoon Island as you know is cherished by the North County crew.

It is unwritten, but expected to rig and launch south of the volley ball net on the tip of the island near the channel. Also during spring break, it is frowned upon to ride close to swimmers, give them their room.

In my position, I hear just about everything. With that said, spotted some new folks at Sunset Park. Fresh 12M Caution. Luckily, BIG D convinced them not to launch as the winds were 25+++ and these guys weighed in at 170 or so. Sooooooooo, they decided to go to Honeymoon, rig down by the main beach area and snack stand, loose control of the kite, death spiral through about 100 people, release the kite, and sent everyone running as if KING KONG was stomping down the beach. Doug Fresh, a very seasoned rider, laid into them hard. Real hard. That's what I am talking about. Doug had no idea that these guys were just at Sunset and they shunned the idea of instruction and thought it was throwing money away. I guess it is if you know what your doing.

Be on the lookout for a 12M caution. Owners name Scott. Early 20's, maybe teens.

If you see them, please have them call me. I would love to have some words of wisdom. Doug, Todd, Whiteleather, Brian, Tony, Gui, Danny, Gabe, Chad the list goes on. Let's work together to talk some sense into these guys. They may have done some damage today at Honeymoon.

Hopefully this won't turn into a 13,000 hit rant.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:57 PM

Talk to Tony today and he said he had a great session out at Honeymoon this morning. I hope the rangers there understand that accidents happen. More importantly I hope no one of the beach was hurt as a result of these guys careless acts.

As you like to do Steve-0, "on a lighter note" East beach was rocking today with no more than 10 riders trying their best to hold down 8-9s in the 30mph to 45mph gusting winds.

It appear to be that most people who thought they couldnt handle it stayed off the water, I know that takes alot sometimes but this wind today was not for the inexperienced!

Danny
Old 03-28-2009, 09:38 PM

Ya. EB was pretty f'n sick today....can only think of a couple times I have rode in similar conditions.. More wind than I enjoy. Had a few huge jumps where I had time to look around and say to myself "I have no business being up this high!"

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 AM

I hear ya bryan, yesterday was suvival kiting! I did a few jumps myself and felt the same way. Didn't even have to pull the trigger, fully depowered, very slowly raised the kite to 12 and pulled in and boom, 25 feet above the water. Time to head in. Mike and Bill had to be like 40- 50 ft high. Was great to watch.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM

on the look out for the red kite. Rode at Honeymoon today no porblems with the rangers. Might have dodged a bullet. It is most important that anyone riding at honeymoon set up your kit well to the east (southeast) of the volleyball net. The area between dog beach and the volleyball net is no mans land and that is where we belong. NOT AMONGST THE BEACH GOERS! Even though the storm blew all the swimmer buoys out of the place does not mean that there is not an area that we should avoid. This is just too great of a play ground to mess up. If you ride in the area where the swimmers are you will be banned for life and will not be allowed to sleep with your wife or sig other. I did not talk to a ranger about this but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express on my last business trip. Enjoy the best part of our season!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
If you ride in the area where the swimmers are you will be banned for life and will not be allowed to sleep with your wife or sig other. I did not talk to a ranger about this but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express on my last business trip. Enjoy the best part of our season!!!
classic.....
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
If you ride in the area where the swimmers are you will be banned for life and will not be allowed to sleep with your wife or sig other. I did not talk to a ranger about this but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express on my last business trip.
Are you trying to break the 13485 view mark?? That quote is a good start!!