FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Cocoa Beach area demos?

Hi. I'm from California and I will be visiting the Orlando area next month but can get away for one day. I'm not interested in packing up all my gear and bringing it along on the trip for one possible session. Is there anywhere in the area I can get a demo setup to go out for a few hours?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieutenantglorp View Post
Hi. I'm from California and I will be visiting the Orlando area next month but can get away for one day. I'm not interested in packing up all my gear and bringing it along on the trip for one possible session. Is there anywhere in the area I can get a demo setup to go out for a few hours?
You might talk with AJ at kitetricity.com. I am not sure if he will be able to help you out or not but he is one of the few operations in the Melbourne area.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieutenantglorp View Post

Similar story here. I'm visiting Orlando from Europe at the end of October. Although it would be fun to get out on the water I'm also interested in buying a kite (~9m) while I'm over - taking advantage of the relatively good US prices. Any good Best dealers within diving distance of Orlando? Also interested in second hand stuff...

Cheers
Dave
Old 10-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Orlando and the theme parks draw a lot of people to the central part of Florida. Some are interested in kiting. There is a lot of information on this site which you should be able to find related to this by searching under "Orlando."

I think I will write a touring kiters guide to Orlando. That is east and west coast venues/travel times for riding, shops, schools, weather, forecasting, some launch info, rules, etc.. Much of the information is already here from lots of questions over the years, it is just spread around a little bit.

As far a demo'ing gear, it is best to speak directly to the retailer to see what you can work out. Regarding used gear, there is a for sale forum on this site, one of ikitesurf, kiteforum and of course there is ebay. Beyond that, you'll find that instructors/schools will sometimes have used gear for sale. Search under "Orlando" for now or wait for the article to go up.

Happy Travels!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi