FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-26-2009, 12:25 PM

I'd would really enjoy coming on a DW. I've never done one. Anyone planning on one from Sunset? Forecast looks good.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:27 AM

Maybe Skyway N today??....depends on which forecast you look at!

Cheers,

Chris
Old 11-27-2009, 06:42 AM

You're right, Chris. Right now it's NNE or so. I personally hate days like this (at least early) where it's borderline NNE, N. Crappiest wind for our area.
I am just going to wait and hope it switches to more N (maybe NNW) and hit North Beach. If it actually goes NW, which is still possible in my mind, a DW will be possible.
I never rush out early on days like today. I've been burned too many times on this direction and even if it's blowing at the Skyway, the wind quality is usually so crap, that it's not worth it (at least for my snobby self ). If it dies, it dies... I just can't stand overly gusty wind.

BTW, wind at SPB beach truly sucked yesterday (too much N in it at SPB and was about 6 to 20 up and down all over and crappy) and we had a kitemare situation too.... Good news was that a lot of people proved they cared and it turned out well. Another kiter (thanks John) drove down to pick us up after the tow in/rescue, and the cops were out there to make sure we were ok as well. A guy from the "Little Don" next to the UnderTow even walked about a mile to check on us (after calling beach police) and was in contact with the police about our whereabouts and condition the whole time via walkie talkie.

Nice to know so many people care and it left a warm fuzzie on Tx day. , despite the happenings, the end results were to cherish.

Oh, lastly, my 12m Flexi Ion2 LE bladder failed at a valve and wouldn't hold air yesterday while pumping up. So (no lie here), the last 9 times I have pumped a kite (regardless of brand- Best, Flexi, RRD, Ozone), it has failed on me.... geez... what are the odds?
No.. kites have not been in the heat or sprayed with Agent Orange.
Oh, John's kite I guess exploded while he was pumping it up. So, all in a all, a true cluster$$$$ of a kiting day. ha ha ha ha
Old 11-27-2009, 07:03 AM

Maybe I can bring some luck from the Great White North!!
Glad to hear everyone OK....we've all had our share.

I agree...to damn cold to take a guess at crappy wind....best to wait to see what the morning solar heating brings.

Put new pads on the surfboard yesterday....stoked!!
Old 11-27-2009, 07:45 AM

That board rocks, you lucky bastage....

Keep in touch. I have your number. Too cold to for g.c.w. is my feel.
7 degree air and water is a bit too cold.

Fingers crossed for later.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:55 AM
stpetesal

Scott thanks again for the tow, glad we had the surf board!!!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 08:01 AM

No prob. It ended up being sort of fun, to be honest.

Just got a call from Trent Hink at the Skyway. He said the wind was absolute sh.it.. and he's not very picky.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:05 AM
stpetesal

ya had fun as well, well I am going to get my mess fixed, will be around the house.

Last edited by stpetesal; 11-27-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:16 AM

....stupid wind....guess I have to go shopping with my wife now....
Old 11-27-2009, 10:24 AM
stpetesal

[QUOTE=Unimog Bob;43022]
BTW, wind at SPB beach truly sucked yesterday (too much N in it at SPB and was about 6 to 20 up and down all over and crappy) and we had a kitemare situation too.... Good news was that a lot of people proved they cared and it turned out well. Another kiter (thanks John) drove down to pick us up after the tow in/rescue, and the cops were out there to make sure we were ok as well. A guy from the "Little Don" next to the UnderTow even walked about a mile to check on us (after calling beach police) and was in contact with the police about our whereabouts and condition the whole time via walkie talkie.

Nice to know so many people care and it left a warm fuzzie on Tx day. , despite the happenings, the end results were to cherish.

After undoing the mess and looking at the center line that broke, seems the 2008 best bars that have the land pull option with the ring attached to it wore and broke, seems the little abrasion from the material where the line comes over the ring and then pulls down wore there. maybe just regular wear and tear?…. The 2009 I have that I have not used yet dose not have the land pull option on the center lines?

Last edited by stpetesal; 11-27-2009 at 10:57 AM.