FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > Session Report!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Rick and his pics!

Just a quick thanks out to Rick, a super guy and great rider...He's always at pretty much every kitng event in S. Florida and keeping us posted on the latest and greatest in the sport of kiteboarding. Rick is a man with great advice, which is helpfull to all riders, newbies ...intermediate and even legends in the sport.
Thanks for all your TIME, posts and pics Rick!!!!

CJ
P.S. who takes your pic when you cross the finish lines?
Gotta take care of that...fo sho!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cborges View Post
Just a quick thanks out to Rick, a super guy and great rider...He's always at pretty much every kitng event in S. Florida and keeping us posted on the latest and greatest in the sport of kiteboarding. Rick is a man with great advice, which is helpfull to all riders, newbies ...intermediate and even legends in the sport.
Thanks for all your TIME, posts and pics Rick!!!!

CJ

Well said CJ and Thank you Rick I for all your time & support!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks CJ, Mike and all the rest that bring so much to the forum. Your contributions are what make it what it is.

Hey CJ, I'll pull the "CJ & Irma Famous Kiting Times" CD together for you of all those great shots you two have been in. Just keep after me, I lose track in the avalanch of projects. Hope we get some thermals after the rains depart in a day or so.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 PM

I see new kites popping up everyday in the Lake Worth to Boynton Beach area. This FANTASTIC sport is just exploding. I’ve seen more NEW kiters this summer then I did all last season (in my area) I wonder if they’ve found out about FKA yet and the wealth of information and knowledge that exists here.

If your new to kiting and your reading this thread/post. Become a member and tell us about yourselves and your experiences in kiteboarding to date.

Quiver update:
07 Waroo 17m
07 Bularoo 13 & 10m
BEST Float 127
Surftech 6' Minami
Dumped the Landboard, Before anything happened (to freak’n dangerous)
Old 07-14-2007, 12:27 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGNFLYN View Post
Dumped the Landboard, Before anything happened (to freak’n dangerous)
That's no fun. I just got the rest of the parts for my new landboard (COMP 26X with 9in tires) yesterday. No wind to test it yet but we were tearing up the hills at plantation park, all 12 feet of them. I am headed tomorrow to take it for the "Car Wakeboarding Test"

Landboarding here is south florida is always been fun but you have to have a small kite and work it; if not the gust will get you. I go all the way out west to catch the west winds when they come off the everglades so it is somewhat clean. No to mention last year I was ripping around during the tropical storm... gust are not as scary when you can cruise at 20 mph on a 1.5m trainer =-).

Also Note, Landboarding in St. Augustine is amazing, MILES of open compact beach to rip down.

Well to each his own.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 PM
ruffridah89

thats awesome bizguru...
i think landboarding is a great way for cross training for the season...
but dont know where in miami....
maybe local parks...
-Danny
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Kiteboard in October - Miami area

Hi! I am from Argentina. I started kiting last February and am planning to go kiting to South Florida (pref Miami area) October 2007. I will come along with my wife and kid (2 years old) and I am not sure yet what spot should I target. Does any have any experience kiting in South Florida in October (and with a kid!?!?!?). Any spot to recommend?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:18 AM
ruffridah89

hey sebas,
bienvenidos! De donde vienes de la Argentina?
In october, you can go to matheson hammocks, which is in coral gables in miami, hobie beach, in key biscayne, and crandon beach, which is also is in key biscayne. In crandon, you will need an iko card.
and you will be in the season already!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:10 AM

Very useful info kiwiar2000!! Finally a caritative soul gives me some clues as to where to board in the Miami area!!!
Do you kitesurf in the area? I will try and find a place with shallow waters. It will definitively help me improve my kiting. I will take advantage of your time and ask you what getting an iko card means. Anyways, I will search it in the internet.
Best,
Sebas
Old 08-07-2007, 03:49 PM
ruffridah89

your welcome. I kite in the miami area. I usually go to Matheson Hammock where it offers awesome flat and shallow waters, although its quite small and can get full. Start over there first of all, dont go to crandon without an Iko card.
pray for wind and see you on the water...
-Danny