FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Triton Networking @ Adventure Sports Ft. Laud.

Triton has been serving the captain and crew community providing nautical news for the last ten years. They are holding a monthly networking event for boat captains and crews at Adventure Sports Ft. Lauderdale (ASFtL) and several hundred people are expected to show up.

Triton networks with Adventure Sports Jan. 15
Triton Events

OVERVIEW
When: 01/15/2014
Time: 06:00 pm - 08:00 pm
Get driving directions »
CONTACT INFORMATION
741 S.E. 17th St., Ft Lauderdale
Phone: 1 954-526-9367

DESCRIPTION
Get a great start to your new year at Triton networking with Adventure Sports on the third Wednesday in January, Jan. 15, in Ft. Lauderdale. Until then, learn what's new in the world of watersports with store manager Luke Svanberg.

Q. What should crew know about Adventure Sports?
Adventure Sports has been serving the South Florida watersports community for the past 20 years. The Adventure Sports Ft. Lauderdale store carries an extensive line of windsurfing, kiteboarding and SUPing gear, as well as all the latest trends and styles of beachwear for men and women.

The warehouse is chock full of all equipment from all the biggest paddleboarding, kiteboarding, and windsurf manufacturers. We can outfit you with all the toys you need for your next trip to the Caribbean and beyond.

Q. Tell us about your store.
We’ve created a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Each section of the shop hosts a different focus of watersports activities: SUPing, kiting, kayaking, etc. With so much gear, we’ve got boards hanging from the rafters.

The cashier’s station is crafted to look like a bar, so our customers can pull up a stool and enjoy a refreshment during our in-store events. Also, when we host kite-board, SUP, kayak or other demonstrations at the beach we invite people back to the store for a beverage and snack.

A shot of another party at ASFtL.

Q. What are your top-selling products?
Customers typically come to us with a list of products they need, whether it be a specific kite, paddleboard or underwater camera. Our top-selling item is the JP Australia wood sandwich All Around SUP, a good looking paddleboard that’s easy to use for a person of any size.

Q. Tell us about yourself. How did you end up here?
I’ve been in the watersports industry as an instructor, store manager and brand representative for the past 23 years. I learned to windsurf and kiteboard in the Hamptons, N.Y. I grew up on Long Island where my family owns one of the largest surf shops in the northeast U.S., so I have always been involved in one way or another.

As the new sport of kiting grew in popularity, I was a kite instructor all across Long Island and pioneered many of today’s popular kiting spots.
Ten years ago, I moved to Maui with my family and continued to work in action watersports. In this industry I’ve been an instructor across the world in places like Costa Rica and have kiteboarded in over 15 countries.

I was last based in New York as sales representative for Adventure Sports. When we opened this new store they relocated me to Florida as manager of retail.

Q. Lots of places sell watersports gear. What sets your business apart?
Adventure Sports is the only watersports business in South Florida with a full warehouse of all the latest and greatest equipment in high-end SUP and kiteboard design. We carry all the equipment you need in house and we’ll even deliver to your boat’s slip. Plus, we personally do every sport we sell when we are not in the store. This gives us a unique perspective into our customer’s needs.

Q. What do you want everyone to know about Adventure Sports?
We keep a full inventory of equipment and all our staff are active and informed riders who can offer expert opinions on the gear you’re looking for. And you can shop online anytime.

Q. What will trend this year?
Inflatable StandUp Paddleboards, GoPro cameras, fishing kayaks and foiling kiteboards.

Q. What are foiling kiteboards?
Foil kiteboards use the same technology as the America’s Cup foiling catamarans, made from 100 percent carbon construction. The development of these boards has come a long way in the past few years and the new boards are accessible for every type of rider.

The directional platform looks like a regular kiteboard, but mounted below is a carbon arm that extends to the fuselage and foils (wings) that lift the rider three feet above the water’s surface. Riding with virtually no drag, the kiter can foil at speeds up to 25 mph in 10-12 knots of wind.

Q. How is technology affecting your business? Every year the equipment gets lighter, safer and easier to use, which means more people are having fun and enjoying their time on the water.

Networking will be held at the Adventure Sports store at 741 S.E. 17th St., Ft Lauderdale, FL 33316. For more details call the store at +1 954-526-9367, adventuresportsmiami.com

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 01-13-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

They had a great turnout at the event, around 350 captains and crew loaded for beer or is that bear?

In short, when Adventure Sports throws a party whether in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami or Maui, you want to be there!

(photos from Paula's Facebook page)

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi