FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Tom.. didnt see that sign earlier .. or maybe this thread is too long and I've just forgotten..

but ... that about nails every topic I think it should. Maybe that should be our basis for a starting point and edit accordingly..

Customize for Skyway and Backside Skyway (could list some known hazzards and maybe a small map of the launch)

And.. the only reason I didnt put an exact # for how far to keep distance to the beach is that sometimes when the beach is clear, its probably OK for a rider to come up for a shoreline tack.. We have to assume that everyone will use their best judgment. Putting an actual number and it seems to me to become a "rule" as opposed to a safety "guideline".. maybe I am just over thinking it ..

This probably falls right into the counter-point to all of this and that is "who the hell has the right to tell me what I can and cant do?".. reasonable question to ask considering this is considered and hyped to be a sport that is all about the individual and limitless boundaries and freeriding and soul searching and all that other crap.

Easy to find valid arguments on both sides.

I just see that fine line between what is a positive way to having people follow the guidelines and what is a negative way in having to tell riders what to they have to do. My vote is for trying to do this in a positive way and if that does not work out.. we might need to get nasty.
:P

when is that next meeting????

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 08-28-2007, 12:06 PM
popeye

Well, basically however it gets worded is fine with me as long as it ends up on a sign

I really don't think enforcing will be much of a problem. Just like asking someone to roll up their lines or secure their kite while their kite is on the beach... if asked nicely most people will do it out of respect for everyone else and more importantly, not to look like a fool when something goes wrong.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 PM

The after meeting at Triton House
Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 AM

Bump