FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > Rider Resources
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2009, 12:04 AM

I do realize how small the Marco launch is. Thats not the only west coast launch either. Do you relaize how much room we have at Crandon. What is it, a few hundred feet between lifeguard stands? We ride out and enjoy the vast ocean.

How bout Matheson. We set up on a rock beach that is 2 feet from an asphalt roadway and littered with metal signs and other beach goers that stand 5 feet from the kited to watch. Also about 50 feet of beach if you call it that.

Now, how bout Whale Harbour. We have about 50 feet of launch there off of a very rocky beach and again with beach goers and tourists watching 5 feet from the kite.

How bout Hobie. I know I dont need to explain that one. How many miles of coast line do we have on the east coast in the Tri county area and how many feet of access do we have.

Now the Miami flats are no piece of pie to ride in. You can find yourself all alone out in the big blue water in no time. Like you said. 50 square miles. And if I had to pay a taxi fee everytime I rode I would be broke.

The people that screw up launch sites screw them up wether they are on their home turf or visiting other spots. How would it sound if I logged into the west coast forum and said in east winds go offshore. Stay off our beach on the east coast.

Take a look at YouTube or some of the promotional sites. Theres your access issues.

We make do with what we got and we share within our family. And who are the privelged few that should get to ride Marco. How many of the guys that ride Marco live on Marco Island?