FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 12-31-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Where is everyone riding tomorrow?

What is everyones plan for tomorrow???

Downwinder starting at IRB to ???? North Beach???

Danny

Last edited by Danimal8199; 12-31-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:06 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback on where you guys were riding today!

Since nobody posted anything here I am posting something to entertain myself. I finally got to meet Abomb and Inferno today up at Sunset Park.

Super nice guys, had a great session today and its fun riding!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:29 PM

i guess since you don't ride best kites, no one wants to talk to you or ride with you. Sorry about your luck, bro but i've gotta run, i ride cab and slingshot, so i'd better get off here before they burn me
Old 01-03-2008, 09:54 PM

You are right, I don't ride best, but I figured since I was a Senior Member and all I would get a little respect, that and the fact that I learned on a best...I thought that might give me some street cred!

I've tried some SS and Cabs, not bad, but I can do just about everything on my Monkey and Liquid Force kites that I can do on the best/cab/SS/Flexi/Eclpse(sorry toby! haha

The one thing I can do on my monkey that I can't do on a cab....put a big hole in it and not care too much!

You know me though, I like the bar preasure and the pulleys on the bar. I'd try a best if they ever had a 2:1 set up!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 AM

Heineken , Carona, Coors Light, PBR. After a 12 pack of either one, your drunk. Some people can't tell the difference. Some people prefer PBR to Heinekin. Some people would rather go with out than drink the PBR. Just like kites.

Difference between the bar and this forum is that no one in the bar drinking PBR gives a rats ass if you are paying $1.50 more per beer and enjoying your Heinekin, much less jump up in your face call you names, write on the walls (in permanent marker) that they don't respect you, and pound their chest trying to get everyone that walks in the bar for their first beer to drink PBR.

Life is short, find the best in people, if you don't have something nice to say stay quiet, enjoy the power of the wind (with any kite), and a beer (any brand) with your fellow kiter!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:20 PM

Ok Ok Ok, I get it, Your telling me that after I drink a 12 pack of PBR I would be willing to fly a cab instead of my LF???

Did you drink a 12 pack when you wrote this hahaha!

You are right though. I was acting sarcastic because I was just a little disapointed that nobody responded about where to ride on New Years.

Before I had my own quiver though, I would ride anything rather than not ride at all, because of course you know kiteboarding rocks!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 PM

Yep.

Nope.

WWhile I would not advocate flying anything after a 12 pack of any brand you would have one thing going for you. You could put a hole in the cab and not care.

My post was not directed you. I realized that you were kidding. It was something that I had typed up to post on another thread after a really nice guy, who is a friend of all of ours and would help anybody out, got ripped into by someone completley out of line, but they closed the thread as I tried to post it. Your joking comments opened the door for me to post it here.

Have a great day! Tight lines.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:00 PM

I remember one day in particular that you almost put a hole in your head AND my cabrinha!!!! good times, i think you needed a 12 pack after that one. At least i know why you don't jump close to the beach or in shallow water anymore......LOL My personal opinion is that even a bad day kiting(is there such a thing??) FAR outweighs a fantastic day at work, and the type of kite you are riding is just about as important as the hateful, irrational and completely out of line comments that were recently made on this forum . I sure am glad i didn't have to subscribe to this forum and pay money, cuz i dont see a link for returns and refunds. I had flashbacks of high school..........
Old 01-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Tom Stock

Since none of those were decent beers, I can't take this thread seriously.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:21 PM

How dare you spell out the entire name of that kite in this county ............ wait I think I was on one too, as I missed the underside of yours on the way up and looked down at the top of yours on the way down prior to the yard sale.

It's all good.