FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-19-2007, 04:46 PM

Default YO! PLEASE watch where you are jumping..

This is for the guy that was at the skyway this morning riding a Rasta-Waroo and consistently not paying attention when and where he was jumping...

PLEASE watch what you are doing...

Twice you jumped and attempted double backrolls right into my path and I had to veer off or get hit by you. Everyone makes a bad judgment once in a while .. we've all done it.. but you were being very reckless. You did the exact same thing to Eric and then to Dan.

Thats 4 times in one 2 hour session that I know of.

The first time you did it, I was screaming in and litt up on my kite.. you hit that jump and the ONLY reason we did not collide was because you crashed mid-backroll and came down off your intended mark.

You hit a big jump directly in Erics path.. I was right behind you and he had to quickly tack or you would have hit him.

Please man.. we just need to keep it safe.

Thanks!

-B

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 05-19-2007, 04:48 PM
invisible

sounds like a typical day nb skyway heh
Old 05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Skyway Scott

It shouldn't happen.. but the best remedy?
Ride so far upwind that no one can do that to you.
Kevin and I rode about 2 miles upwind to the "secret spot" (you know the one) and had it all to ourselves. Again, shouldn't happen though.

Great day out there. Fun races. Lotsa fun.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:06 PM

Late this evening someone jumped and almost hit me 2 times in a 1 hour session. not going to mention any descriptions but just be a little more cautious of the surroundings before jumping. Also if possable it would not be a bad idea to wind up the bar andlines when kites are just lying on the ground especially with a limited launching area to avoid crossing the lines. ablut 5 people laid their kites across my lines when I was rigging a smaller kite and it took 15 mins to sort things out.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:11 PM

Just an FYI: I was on my Rastaroo Saturday at that location, but the rider Scott (in another thread) and Bryan is referring to was not me. I'm not sure who it was, but... wasn't me. No kidding.

He did have me questioning it though.

Also, Mike and the Triton guys did a pretty good job at throwing together that race. I can't wait to see the next one.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Skyway Scott

Yeah. I almost listed all those that it isn't, sorry Adam. Too many friggin rastaroos around here to list them all.
It was Shrem from Sarasota.
Just yell at people (you have to to be heard over the wind) when doing dumb things, is my opinion. It's not really being mean, it's just telling it like it is over a howling wind.
We are in an extreme sport (supposedly), we should be able to handle a few words. It won't kill us.

Yeah, that race was fun. Especially for a certain someone who one a couple times..... ADAM. It was more fun than I expected. I think nearly all involved really enjoyed it.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:27 PM
invisible

It was a nice day, blowing 30ish when I was passing Scott... we were both hauling serious ass. I dug the nose of my board in some chop, fell hard, started tumbling at MACH 4 and caught a glimpse of my kite looping right into Scott's lines. To prevent our lines from crossing I dove the kite directly into the water (I was upside down and cartwheeling and that was the best I could do).

Problem was, it landed DIRECTLY in front of Scott who rode INTO my kite, between the lines and everything... yeah I saw *his* life flash before my eyes and was thinking OH S#@$% as he slung out a line of profanities that would make scarface back down in terror. He included something like "I'M GOING TO F@#$# KILL YOU, YOU @#$m$#%m#$%". He was dead serious and I don't blame him I deserved it. I don't know how he ended up between my lines or how he go out, the whole thing was a blur... but it scared both of us.

Ten minutes later I was apologizing and we were both laughing about it. No big deal. Nothing wrong with someone telling you when you do something dumb! Everyone screws up once in awhile.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Skyway Scott

Man that made me laugh reading it. I don't remember the kill you thing, I do remember mu#$@r f#%^r and other stuff. Hey... I was scared shitless there for about 2 seconds.
The kite was wrapped around my head and arms.
Funny now for sure.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:55 PM
invisible

...only because we are still alive!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 AM

We should always try to be as safe as possible while out. As Scott said we rode to the secret spot and back and were so far upwind we diddn't have to worry about anything. There is a lot of room out there and with more and more guys out we should start using it. When someone does get in trouble like I did during the race everyone comes to help. You can't ask for more than that!! Thanks!