FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 03-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Skyway Scott

Default Sea breeze

No idea what time it started. I just glanced at the cam, white cap central.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Skyway Scott

Not east? no biggie, it's Northwest.
I wonder how much longer we can have 9-5'r favorable hours?
It's been sweet.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:14 PM

I sure hope it holds out till I get back this weekend. I've been sucked back in to the land of the Tobster. Boston doesn't suck it blows! Wind was 25+ this afternoon with gusts over 30. I keep getting lost and funneled into tunnels or diverted onto some hermaphrodite skyway sort of bridge. It must have something to do with Toby they call it the Tobin bridge. Geeez get me out of this bizarro land of oz, and back to the land of warmth and sunshine. I've got a new board to try out!

Bob
Old 03-28-2007, 08:41 PM

tommorow we can drive to st pete and get there at 11 or we could go to the other side of florida but that would take like 4 hours or so whitch is a pain. right now im in ft meyers and the wind picked up right after dinner but it was too late to ride by then. what time do these "sea breezes" start working. the forcast doesnt look too good for st pete tommorow, should i still go or should we make the drive across the state and hope for wind and if not surf but then we wouldnt get there till late and were tired of driving? does st pete get any thermals or anything like that? I realy want to ride the flat water that st pete has too offer.

later
-henry
Old 03-28-2007, 08:59 PM

anyone wanna give me a wind report for jupiter tommorow. im so close to st pete that i dont need a wind report from there but if anyone who lives in jupitor or around there would give me there cell number so i can get a wind report that would be awesome.

or would bathtub beach be better then jupitor? a reef sounds fun!!!

later
-henry
Old 03-28-2007, 09:06 PM

most forcasts dont factor the true strength of our seabreezes
as4 the time...check the ikitesurf archive 4the previous days chart...and plan for similar results as long as the seabreeze factors are in play (light east wind in the a.m. and a big swing forcasted 4 air temp) IRB or PaG iz your best bet.
peace
Old 03-29-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Ahhhhh, HOME SWEET HOME...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimog Bob View Post
I sure hope it holds out till I get back this weekend. I've been sucked back in to the land of the Tobster. Boston doesn't suck it blows! Wind was 25+ this afternoon with gusts over 30. I keep getting lost and funneled into tunnels or diverted onto some hermaphrodite skyway sort of bridge. It must have something to do with Toby they call it the Tobin bridge. Geeez get me out of this bizarro land of oz, and back to the land of warmth and sunshine. I've got a new board to try out!

Bob
Yeah, gotta love the Tobin bridge!!! Traffic central!!! But it is definitely a windy place! Nantasket beach is nice as is Duxbury Beach and Martha's Vineyard on Cape Cod...
Old 03-29-2007, 09:31 PM

went to kitebeach in jupitor today there was light wind but it probably woulda been doable. there was no other kiters so i just surfed and skimmed. ill be there tommorow hopefully and it'll be better. checked out bathtub beach and theres so many swimmers and exposed reef that i doubt you could kite it, maybe you could if you parked more north?

when will you guys be getting there tommorow if its windy?

later
-henry
Old 03-30-2007, 08:01 AM

im heading to jupitor kitebeach after we all get showered and ready so it might be awhile
Today
East winds 15 to 20 knots increasing to around 20 knots this afternoon. Seas 4 to 6 feet building to 5 to 7 feet in the afternoon. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Slight chance of light showers through the day.
Tonight
East winds 15 to 20 knots becoming 10 to 15 knots after midnight. Seas 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 3 to 5 feet after midnight. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Ill be there by 11ish or maybe a lil later

im only going to kite if someone else is there so hopefully someone ill be there

if you guys want a wind report for jupitor or are going somewhere better thats nearby call my cell 847-571-7457

later
-henry
Old 03-30-2007, 09:05 AM

leaving now
be at jupiter in 45 min
cyall there
itll be epic
hopefully there will be others then just me today

later
-henry