FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Skyway Scott

Not everyone needs to be on the forum Tom. Word is spreading via phones and at local launches.
I would be surprised if most don't know about this by now.
Think how fast other stuff spreads in the kiting community.

I will be surprised if Real isn't hurt pretty bad by this, short term and long term.
Real is out in the middle of nowhere. Only someone thinking the place was awesome would go out there for lessons.
Well, they may be good, but who needs to drive all the way out there with no refund policy (unless store credit on overpriced gear counts) to learn to kite? Too many other great options these days, and in my eyes, that's what this ALL boils down to is them feeling the squeeze of losing business.
Someone give me a more rational reason.... I can't think of one.

In vain, they are trying to knock some shops out, to decrease competition.
Real's days of being "big dog" are over.

Add to that that so many have bad experiences (as opposed to excellent) with Real (as evidenced by lack of support on KF) and it's not hard to see they are losing ground. This stupid attempt at a lawsuit only sped up the pace they are losing ground.

Great marketing the last 5 years, poor business model and customer service. Marketing can only get you in the door, it doesn't seal the deal.
That's my take. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
I don't really care if Real does well or not, I just get pissed when I hear they are trying to make others do poorly or bully them with lawyers over some exceptionally generic and lame terms. It shows who they are and what they are about.
Again, some on this forum say business is business. That's cool. I know who you are and still love hanging out with ya'.
I just feel business can be successful and good to those you service and compete with.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:32 PM

Yeah, I had to buy a kite from them once and I say “I had to” because I ordered a kite over the phone and then called them 5 minutes later to cancel the order. Real sent it anyway to my home address and when I try to return the kite they told me about the “No return policy” BS!!!

They did it once and they are not getting my $ ever again.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Skyway Scott

I have heard that story a lot.
EK (it's the only place I worked, I am sure other shops do the same) only charges your card on the day your order is shipped. If you cancelled, we just ripped up the receipt. I did order a couple pizzas and movies on Toby's card once after he cancelled a t-shirt order.. but that's HIS problem, not mine. :lol:

Hey, this is a joke. It's still SW at friggin' 8 knots
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Real Sucks

Yeah Real Sucks, I called them up once about a surfboard. They didn't have them in stock so they took my number down and told me they would call once they got them in. When they did like a month later I told them I was not intrested anymore. Mainly because they wanted much more then other shops I called about the price. They called and emailed me for like 3 months asking if I wanted to buy it. Man I hate pushy sales people! Screw Real and there ugly logo!

RS