FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-30-2007, 12:55 PM

Guys, please see this about my new words and phrases that have been copywrited I'm sure if you guys want to use these we can come to an agreement like gentlemen:

Land Control, Beach Control, Time-on-the-Water, Ocean-Time, Sea-Time, Water Practice, Land Practice, Ground Practice:
The product is protected by Federal Copyright Law. [COMPANY NAME] retains the title to and ownership of the Product. You are licensed to use this Product on the following terms and conditions:

YOU MAY NOT: Distribute, rent, sub-license or otherwise make available to others the words or phrases or documentation or copies thereof, except as expressly permitted from The Danimal without prior written consent from The Danimal In the case of an authorized transfer, the transferee must agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this trademark of the words presented.

RESTRICTIONS: - You may use this words in your business as long as:
The user must be registered with The Danimal in order to receive support or rights.

You may not modify, de-compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or translate the words.

US GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS - Use, duplication or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to restrictions as set forth under DFARS 252.227-7013 or in FARS 52.227-19 - Restricted Rights.

TERM - You may terminate your use of the words at anytime by destroying all copies of the words and Documentation containing the words listed in the above agreement. They will also terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any term or condition in this Agreement.

OR I'll Sue
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Tom Stock

Too late, Real may have trademarked the word Sue!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 AM

Well just don't take my name for a new shop...STEAL KITEBOARDING...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Skyway Scott

Colonel Sanders is already on your as.s, isn't he, Toby?
KFC... geez... lol.

I went to college with his grand kid. It was awesome. Free KFC all the friggin' time. ;-)
Old 12-03-2007, 10:10 AM

They tried to sue Emerald Coast a year ago, but Rush's lawyers were too much for them to intimidate, so they backed down and not a word was heard since. Amazing how they are simply trying to scare shops into a corner for $10,000, and with some retaliation, they back down. Stupidity!!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Skyway Scott

May I ask, what the HELL was the basis of the lawsuit?
If you are free to expand a little.
Was it as lame as I have been told?
Water time and ground control.

I must say, this is about the dumbest thing I have heard of in terms of lawsuits.
I have seen the same or worse locally in terms of bully tactics though, which is sad in itself.
Kiting became a true dollar maker about 2 years ago and is now the apple of some people's eye.
That's cool. But, imo, we should award those who bring good spirit to our community and shun those that don't.

Business isn't just business. At least not for me. I will always give my dollar to the guys I like, not always to the guys that "win".
Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 AM

Yes, Scott, the attempted suit was for the use of the words: Water Time and Ground Control, as ECKB had those terms listed on their site for general info regarding lessons. What's even crazier is that ECKB carries Real's DVDs and sells a beginner trainer kite and "Zero to Hero" as a package. I asked Rush about this whole ordeal, and he simply said that Real tried to use scare tactics by sicking their lawyer on him. Too bad for Real, as his lawyers stood up and weren't going for it. So it seems as though is Real comes against some REAL friction, they're lawsuit isn't REALLY REAL!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Tom Stock

Yeah it's obvious they are shaking people down who are afraid of lawyers. Emerald should have counter sued for legal fees.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:27 AM

Unfortunately, despite how ridiculous this who issue is, Real will continue to rake in the dough by teaching lessons, selling gear, and through other marketing and media. The whole blow up on KiteForum has really been a fun rant to read. It's amazing how when a little info gets out, how the kiting world responds. These attempts by Real are not new. Based on what happend to Emerald over a year ago and how they handled it so effectively and efficiently really makes me wonder how many other attempts have been made on other shops with a good law team. Meaning, how many others has Real had to back down from? The links on the other forum show the two shops that are fighting Real actively, other attempted suits wouldn't show up if Real had walked away...right?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Tom Stock

yeah who knows!

I am guessing Real's business dropped quite a bit recently... but then again not everyone hangs out on the forum and knows whats going on.