FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Default South Florida Kiteboarding ?s

I was going to PM Rick, but I guess I should post more, b/c I'm not up to my 20 post minimum to PM. Maybe a few others can help me out anyways.

I was looking for Brandon's number. He used to work for Best. I met him a few days ago in Delray, and he said he has a 9m and some other kites he might be looking to sell. Like a moron I didn't get his number.

Wind was howling on Monday, and me with my 1 kite (13m) had to sit on the beach with my dog and watch.

Also, on my way down there, I was behind someone on a yellow BMW bike, with a best sticker on the back. I was wondering who that might be. Because of the damn construction on A1A just south of atlantic, I stared at the sticker for 20 minutes wondering who that was. Will they ever finish? It seems like constructions been going on for years! And to top that, Anchor Park revamped the parking meters to printed tickets, but only takes change or credit cards. I sat there for 5 minutes with my dollar bill trying to find a place to insert it, gave up and rummaged thru my car for change under the seats!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hello Scotty,

Just saw your post, sorry for the slow uptake. Just found Brandon's last name but no joy in the phone number lookup. I will give Stacey a call and see if she has his current contact info. He said he was going to teach kiting at Delray for a while. Maybe Dave at Delray Watersports knows how to get in contact with him.

Regarding the construction, don't get me started. It is like some inane works program or something that never ends. I've been commuting to work and school before that for several decades via A1A. I don't think I've taken the beach road to work for a couple of months because of the congestion and slow downs in Delray. Will it ever end? Who knows.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hello Scotty,

Please email flkitesurfer at hotmail.com and I'll send you his phone number.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi