FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-28-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Visited Miami - Thanks guys!!

Back in Sweden after 2 wks vacation in beautiful Miami. In last minute I wasnt able to bring my board, the airline gave me hard time.

Although I was able to ride totally 4 times at different locations. You guys have great spots for kiteboarding! Ft. Lauderdale, Dania and Islamorada. Wanted to ride at Crandon and Matheson but 25 knts at the time and just had the bigger kite. Ill bring the small one next time...

Want to thank all you guys that I was in contact with. Thanks a lot Danny/Kiwar2000 for all those tips and recommendations! Very nice to have a local to talk to. Too bad we never met to kite.

Thank you Neil at Ft Lauderdale, x-rated kiteboarding, las olas, that helped me out and lended me your board. Hope the Heineken tasted good :-)

Thank you Morgan at the kiteshop miami, Crandon for all that information and the possibility to rent the Litewave.

Thanks to you guys at Dania Beach that lended me your board. Nice waves at Dania. Thanks also to the man at Islamorada for lending me your board, when visiting the 22nd of december.

Islamorada is an excellent spot. By far the best I have ridden. Flat, shallow, but not too shallow, varm water, steady winds, huge area.

Well, I hope to come back soon,

I have made a summary with pictures on our Swedish kiteforum, http://www.kitenation.se/kn/forum/in...p?topic=4534.0 . Check it out for the few pics, I am not sure you will understand the language though... :-)

Happy New Year

Last edited by Skye; 12-29-2006 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:18 AM
ruffridah89

No problem man. Glad you enjoyed your trip, and had an awesome experience. Yet alone, the pictures explain themselves.
Let me know when your coming back, and we defenitely get a kite session.
Have fun shredding the snow up there!
Happy New years to you too,
Danny