FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 10-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Danny is NOT fat, he's just put on a little baby weight, he will be back down to a size 6 in no time.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:09 PM

No! I didn't mean it like that bro. lol I meant that you're stocky, not that you're fat.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:00 PM

Default can anything beat the ORIGINAL GLIDE???

come on scott... me, you, ebone, bob and some others know the REAL deal here is the original glide. NOTHING can touch this board in light wind in our area. it drives upwind better than anything, period. it does, however, take a lot of getting used to for the new riders. i know one thing though, when the glide is laying at waters' edge and the wind is down and the big kites are up, EVERY RIDER on the beach wants to borrow the glide!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Skyway Scott

It's just rider preference. I actually have a lot of people come back and complain about the Glide after borrowing it.
I factored that into my "review".
I like my Glide for the most part (in sub 12 knots), and actually traded a more expensive light wind board (Aggression Barn Door) I had to get the original (used) Glide off of Pat from Extreme about a year and a half ago. He then sold that board after about a month to Roy, so he could get a Skywalker. It's got a lot to do with rider preference.

Glad you like your Glide so much.
If yours snaps, are you going to replace it with the new model?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Barndoor

Yup, I am glad Pat didn't like it because I still have the barndoor right now. I love that board, and really have not found another light wind board I like more than the barndoor. I have rode the Crazy Fly light wind and that board is really nice too. Low end is good and you really don't have to get used it. Just get on it and go. I like the glide also but that board takes some getting used to. It has a very skatey feel to the board, but the low end on it is very good once you get in tune with it. The barn door has a skatey feel to it but I am so used to it now. So it all has to do with riders preference. If I have never had a barndoor I would buy the Crazyfly over the glide. Just a easier board to ride from the get go.

RS