FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:16 PM

guys ive been rocking the OR session harness for over a year now.

great harness..

but.. MAKE sure you keep the slip covers over the straps.. i didnt and the constant rubbing against the spreader bar wore through a little bit .. too much wear in it for me to feel safe.

i called OR and they had me ship in the harness for repair..

well.. instead they just mailed me back a brand new harness a couple weeks ago.. so.. even tho i didnt follow their usage instructions they still honored the warranty 100%...

that is the *general* policy that most companies seem to stick to. i know that some folks have fallen through the cracks with problems.. but for every problem that i have had ive been completely compensated by the company and/or the shop that ive purchased through.

having options is amazing. we are damn lucky.

i can get something i ordered from extreme kites in my hands the next day every single time.. as well i can go to WSW (out of my way) and get quality gear and service.

there is absolutley no need for slinging BS around regarding this topic.

i love to kite.

i love to have options on where to purchase my gear.

i love to know that if i have problems I can make a couple phone calls to get things sorted out as quickly as possible.

nuff said.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 06-04-2007, 05:25 PM

Yup, I always seem to forget that part of the lesson. Congrats on the new kite, Sean. Time for a name change bro...........You can pick one, or we will pick it for you.................What's it gonna be?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Skyway Scott

Steve, I wish it was more positive but for some reason you took personal attack on riders in the community. You went so far as to call us wankers and moaners. Then you laid into a personal attack on me when I responded to your post and now you are asking all of us to be positive after you took a personal shot on somebody.

Since you asked here’s how much gear I bought at WSW:
I stopped purchasing from WSW approximately 3 or 4 years ago. In terms of kite gear I probably bought 6 kites, 6 bars, 3 harnesses, wetsuits, etcetera, etcetera… At that point in time their choice of boards and accessories was so limited that I looked for another kite shop that was dedicated to kiteboarding.

I’ll keep this short, once I’m given exceptional customer service from a very knowledgeable rider who stocks all the major brands, I remain loyal to that shop, especially if the prices are very reasonable.

In terms of doing good deeds, I don’t feel I need to do them on an announced day for them to add up. I’m quite confident that I have done several good deeds whether you witnessed them or not. To claim that a good deed is only worthy when pre-announced and publicized goes against the grain of a “true” good deed. In terms of SWAG I don’t remember taking even a hat.

I happen to believe in Karma.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:56 PM

lol...shit I don't know. I'm gonna go poop, and before I come back, SURPRISE ME! Just nothing gay like KiteQueen or BridleBoy. lmao
Old 06-04-2007, 06:23 PM

*PLOP*

New nickname for Sean...Man-Grover. Since Roy is leaving we need someone to follow in his footsteps!!!

Glad to hear you got a new kite Sean. Hope that Waroo gets fixed soon. I'd loan you my 14M but I got rid of it because I had some overlap, my 16M Thruster came in the mail today!!!

On another note, does anyone on this thread know how to be the "bigger person" rather than shooting insults back and forth? I think I'm gonna set up an FKSA user name for my 15-Month old Niece so she can run a forum seminar about maturity and getting along with others even if you do have differences...
Old 06-04-2007, 06:47 PM
popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson View Post
On another note, does anyone on this thread know how to be the "bigger person" rather than shooting insults back and forth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson View Post
I think I'm gonna set up an FKSA user name for my 15-Month old Niece so she can run a forum seminar about maturity and getting along with others even if you do have differences...
I guess not since you just did it yourself.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:36 PM

Much love to watersports west dey be da bes' ting roun'

Big ups to John Cleckner!!!!!!!!!!!! Bryan Eagle, Allan Lindsey!!!!!!!!! Toby Wilson!!, Neil Hutchinson, Steve Levine, Steve Visnage, Steve Saddler, Randy, Roy, East Coast Paddle Surfing, Arnette, Dennis "Rusky"!!, Jayson Orkins, Billy Parker, , Amber, Chris Moore!!, Tammy, Josh, Raul and Paul Menta, Brian Wood, Mira, Nikki, Gabe. These are all people who have directly helped out with the promotion of our school, club, riders, college kite scene, ect... there's a damn cool group of kiters around here and we're super stoked to be accepted into it. Watersports West made it possible to get in touch with these people and accomplish what we have, we have a pretty large demand repping over 10 different companies, they provide service for all.

This is lame.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:39 PM

TritonKiteboarding.com
Old 06-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Well said Toby, Tom, and Amber. I was simply pointing out on my earlier post that Randy has been selling Best just like Steve-O pointed out that WSW sells Best. I did not think it would lead to all the name calling and tension. I do not have any aliases and do not have any ties to any kiteboarding business. I have been kiting here for a long time and consider several of the people mentioned on the forum as good friends. Many have bailed me out in times of need-this is what makes our sport different-you need to be able to take care of yourself but it's good to have a brother (or sister) to help you out once in a while. Keep the peace and share the stoke.
Bruce
Old 06-04-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
I picked up a used 06' 15M Flexifoil that I'm excited about. Its my first bow. I feel so lucky!
That's kewl Big G...do you know how to use it or would you like some help?

I could use some help thanks, its my first....Bow/Hybred. Thanks for noticing thru all this shat chat on the forum....
Closed Thread