FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-19-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Launch Location around Miami

Hi everyone!

I am new to the area and would like to know where are the safe launch beach between South Beach and Fort Lauderdale.

I have been reading about crandon parc in Key biscayne but would be interested to know where we can launch from along the coast from Miami Beach to Fort Lauderdarle. Most beaches are for swimmers and usually crowed with family and kids.

Can you please share you experience and describe me where you guys go and what we need to know about your favorite spot.

Thanks for sharing and maybe i'll see you out there,

Xman.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:16 PM

Wink

anyone gonna answer this post cos I could do with the info too
Old 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

The answers are in this forum, many times over. Be sure to read over
http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=2278

There is Tiki Beach, Neil Hutchinson's designated launch in south Ft. Lauderdale. More about that area at: http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=1981

Be sure to not come within 100 yards of the guarded beach and see Neil, Chris or someone at the concession stand to discuss restrictions before rigging and launching here.

Then there is a small area north of Dania Beach fishing pier. Do not ride closer than 100 yards from either John U. Lloyd Park to the North or the guarded beach to the south of the pier. You should give good leeway to the pier itself to avoid getting hooked by fisherman that may intentionally try to snag you.

Then there is Mead St. in Hollywood. This area is restricted on weekends during the season and on crowded holidays. Do not come within 100 yards of shore to the north or south of this narrow designated launch.

There are other smaller launch areas near Bakers Haulover Inlet and around 87th St. in Miami. The same rules apply, DO NOT come within 100 yards of shore in guarded areas.

There is still more info about these launches in the archives of the forum that can be found by running searches.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 PM

thanks I`ll check all other posts /threads but wanted some up to date knowledge and I was being a bit lazy
skins