FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Lessons From The Hard Side
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-02-2005, 03:40 AM

I agree with purdyd. I'm always following the links Rick posts on Kiteforum - very usefull site for info. I usually don't have a lot to say about it though - I come here to read and learn so I don't make the same mistakes.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:40 AM

I agree with purdyd. I'm always following the links Rick posts on Kiteforum - very usefull site for info. I usually don't have a lot to say about it though - I come here to read and learn so I don't make the same mistakes.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:57 AM

Hi Rick
Please don't take the lack of posts as a lack of appreciation for all your efforts on safety. Sometimes when I read your accident reports I am speechless and have nothing to add. But your efforts keep reminding all of us of the dangers in our sport, and hopefully prevent more accidents.
Keep up the good work.

:wink:
Chris Glazier
Old 08-02-2005, 08:57 AM

Hi Rick
Please don't take the lack of posts as a lack of appreciation for all your efforts on safety. Sometimes when I read your accident reports I am speechless and have nothing to add. But your efforts keep reminding all of us of the dangers in our sport, and hopefully prevent more accidents.
Keep up the good work.

:wink:
Chris Glazier
Old 08-02-2005, 09:23 AM

Rick,

I agree with all the above posters. We are all appreciative of the work you have done (and hopefully will continue to do): spreading the word on safety, providing a great venue for news, event reports, site reviews. I hope you will keep this site going as it is a great place to visit when I'm stuck in my cube daydreaming about kiteboarding.

I would not take the lack of posting as an indication of the usefulness of this website.

Thanks for all your work Rick,

Jim Canniff
Old 08-02-2005, 09:23 AM

Rick,

I agree with all the above posters. We are all appreciative of the work you have done (and hopefully will continue to do): spreading the word on safety, providing a great venue for news, event reports, site reviews. I hope you will keep this site going as it is a great place to visit when I'm stuck in my cube daydreaming about kiteboarding.

I would not take the lack of posting as an indication of the usefulness of this website.

Thanks for all your work Rick,

Jim Canniff
Old 08-02-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: CLOSING DOWN THIS WEBSITE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI
Otherwise it seems kind of silly to keep things going on the current basis. Input?
Hi Rick,

Actually I just register to your forum a minute ago... but have been reading all your posts from the "Lessons From The Hard Side" since months...

The reason I didn't register and "react" to your posts ealier is the following:
- Most of the time your analysis is 99% in the right direction :wink:
- Most of the time, when you post a subject, it is followed by other post from you, and I actually never thought the aim of this forum section was to "make people react" but "inform people".
- Most of the time, there is death or very bad injuries involved, and I wouldn't write things like "He didn't have an helmet, it was his choice..." under such circumstances... :cry:

I think what you are doing in this forum is really interesting for anybody who wants to avoid "the worst"... and is clever enough to follow your advice or at least understand the risk he's taking when not wearing an helmet, riding with onshore winds or something like that.

Hope you will continue (even if not in a "Forum-like" form), we need this !!!

Ben
Old 08-02-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: CLOSING DOWN THIS WEBSITE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI
Otherwise it seems kind of silly to keep things going on the current basis. Input?
Hi Rick,

Actually I just register to your forum a minute ago... but have been reading all your posts from the "Lessons From The Hard Side" since months...

The reason I didn't register and "react" to your posts ealier is the following:
- Most of the time your analysis is 99% in the right direction :wink:
- Most of the time, when you post a subject, it is followed by other post from you, and I actually never thought the aim of this forum section was to "make people react" but "inform people".
- Most of the time, there is death or very bad injuries involved, and I wouldn't write things like "He didn't have an helmet, it was his choice..." under such circumstances... :cry:

I think what you are doing in this forum is really interesting for anybody who wants to avoid "the worst"... and is clever enough to follow your advice or at least understand the risk he's taking when not wearing an helmet, riding with onshore winds or something like that.

Hope you will continue (even if not in a "Forum-like" form), we need this !!!

Ben
Old 08-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks for your input guys. It is good to know that someone is out there! You are right, several of the forums on this site may not be all that interactive, although questions are welcome. Then again there are some forums, the general area -Kiter Buzz and the regional forums (various areas of Florida, etc.) that are primarily intended to be interactive.

Well, I guess you can take a horse to water but you can't, necessarily, make him type posts. Strange but true. Thanks for all the suggestions I will continue to try to work to improve participation in areas where it makes sense.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks for your input guys. It is good to know that someone is out there! You are right, several of the forums on this site may not be all that interactive, although questions are welcome. Then again there are some forums, the general area -Kiter Buzz and the regional forums (various areas of Florida, etc.) that are primarily intended to be interactive.

Well, I guess you can take a horse to water but you can't, necessarily, make him type posts. Strange but true. Thanks for all the suggestions I will continue to try to work to improve participation in areas where it makes sense.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi