FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 PM

Default What's new at Watersports West

Surf Expo 2008 just ended and lots of new things to report for the upcoming season.

First off, Randy Radcliff is back on board with the Watersports West team. Randy is on a fresh quiver of Cabrinha Kites and boards and offering jet ski support for all lessons. Jet ski's can offer a student the opportunity to ride for farther distances and get to that self sufficient level much quicker. Welcome back Randy.

We are supporting Steve Sadler with Kiteboarding Tampa Bay and his venture with Freak Dog. Steve will be teaching on Freak Dog kites and will be available for purchase at WSW.

Matt Sexton with Triton Kiteboarding will be sporting the all new 09 Fuels and will be hitting the water hard with the best C Kite in the world. The demand for this reinvented kite is high and Fuels are arguably one of the best kites in the world designed for the hard core rider in mind. Local riders like Jayson and Danny come to mind.

I am currently working to aquire a quiver of Crossbow IDS kites from Cabrinha to be availble for demo. Our Switchblade IDS kites are getting great reviews from folks on the beach. We will also have the new 09 line of Cabrinha boards available for demo as soon as they arrive. Those boards have also been redesigned with an all wood core and a totally new lace binding system.

We have a bunch of boards from Slingshot available for demo including the new Lenten model, the SX, and the Glide.

Nobile has redesigned their boards and those should arrive in a week or two. They bring an asymetrical design to the table which will improve riding toeside. There will also be an entry level board with an all wood core available in three sizes.

We have received alot of requests for Mystic harnesses, and I am happy to announce we are a dealer. However, due to the demand for these harnesses, we will not receive our order until Feb. 09 The new lineup looks sick.

I am looking forward to setting up some amazing demos at East Beach and Sunset Park for north and south county folks. Should be alot of fun. A picnic/demo is planned for Sunset Park on Oct. 26.

Alot of our 08 used gear is going on sale, so drop John or myself a line and we can let you know what we have.

Finally, I hope to have a ski soon to add to my arsenal of teaching weapons. These legs are getting tired.

Last edited by Steve-O; 09-17-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 AM

when will matt have the 09 fuels?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:32 PM

Steve-O,

Sounds like christmas time over there with all that new gear! Pretty exciting for sure!

Now when will we get some wind??
Old 09-16-2008, 07:28 PM

should be by the end of this week
Old 09-16-2008, 09:15 PM

the kites or the wind?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:04 AM
kitediva

You'll need that ski to chase me down---

Keep me in mind for next week. I get back Monday. Thanks!