FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-17-2006, 05:09 AM

I'm leaving West Palm Beach with in the hour and heading down to Matheson.

Hoping to catch a ride from Matheson to 87th

I'm driving a 2500HD Crew Cab and will have no problem returning a few people to the launch site after the run.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:58 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Looks like it is east 10 to 15 kts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
I'm leaving West Palm Beach with in the hour and heading down to Matheson.

Hoping to catch a ride from Matheson to 87th

I'm driving a 2500HD Crew Cab and will have no problem returning a few people to the launch site after the run.
Hey Michael,

I just sent you a PM. Will anyone else being going to Math. Hammock first? I am in transit but am afraid that I might miss Michael before I arrive. If so, it would be better to just head to 87th Terrace.

Please let me know. I can check posts via the phone on the way.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-17-2006, 10:45 AM

I'm down at maths and nobodys here. can someone PM me were everyone is at.thanks

[img]
Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 PM

weather did not cooperate but still had a good time meeting everyone....lucky those who had larger kites and were able to do part of the north DW...

AndresE (Yellow 12M Waroo, Green Nitrous shorts, 134 Element with orange fins)
Old 12-17-2006, 08:31 PM

Hehehe ... the luck didn't last very long. Kent and I got almost to the tall buildings, and then the wind really crapped out. We decided to turn around and try to get back to the launch, but coming back in that direction we lost a lot of ground. We didn't want to risk the jetty, so we kited into shore. Alan was already on the beach at that point, and Scott walked north to meet us and that was it.

Scott and Alan got too close to the jetty and got fish and swear words hurled at them by the fisherman, who weren't catching anything anyway

I think a good name for this downwinder would be the "Go This Way, No, Go That Way Downwinder That Wasn't."

It was kind of funny .... on the beach we all decided to go north to Ft. Lauderdale, but by the time I got out on the water, the people on the water decided we were going south, so I turned around and headed south, only to get pushed into the beach by the lifeguards. So I turned around and went north, and decided north was the better direction, but I saw that no one was following me so I headed back, only to realize I was losing ground, so I just thought SCREW IT, I'm going north ... so it was really nice to see Kent coming up behind me. I would have LOVED to have made it to Ft. Lauderdale, but there was just no way. I held on for as long as I could and tried every board-wiggling move I knew to stay upwind.

Did Neil ever make it down on his cat? We could see two kites way far out on the horizon, but it looked like they were really working it.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks to everyone for trying to hit it today and for the help given to Shake-A-Leg. It may have seemed like we were fishing for wind, didn't find much and aborted. Actually, more than that happened. Write up to follow.

We should have another go at this in ernest WITH wind in January, imagine! Kent tells me there should be more to it next time, prizes and everything. Should be fun.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-18-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey
Hehehe ... the luck didn't last very long.

"Go This Way, No, Go That Way Downwinder, That Wasn't."

It was kind of funny .... on the beach we all decided to go north to Ft. Lauderdale, but by the time I got out on the water, the people on the water decided we were going south, so I turned around and headed south, only to get pushed into the beach by the lifeguards. So I turned around and went north, and decided north was the better direction, but I saw that no one was following me so I headed back, only to realize I was losing ground, so I just thought SCREW IT, I'm going north ... so it was really nice to see Kent coming up behind me. I would have LOVED to have made it to Ft. Lauderdale, but there was just no way. I held on for as long as I could and tried every board-wiggling move I knew to stay upwind.
Even with all the confusion ~still scratching my head~ it was a beautiful day. Could have only been better if the wind had cooperated and blew NE :roll:
Then this might not have been a "Go This Way, No, Go That Way Downwinder" Couldn't have named it better myself Stacey

Either way it was a pleasure to meet everyone! I'm sure we'll get a chance to have a go at it again :wink:
Old 12-18-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Next Time

Please PM or email me if you're planning another downwinder on the weekend; I'm there! Pray for wind

Josha
Old 12-20-2006, 11:56 AM

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:45 pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI
Actually, more than that happened. Write up to follow.

:?:
Old 12-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:45 pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI
Actually, more than that happened. Write up to follow.

:?:
Indeed :?: :?:

It is about in the can unfortunately, I have four articles due tomorrow so I am banging away furiously on that currently.

All good things come with patience, cut me a bit more time and your Xmas Tale will be served up. Maybe we'll even throw in some shredable wind.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi