FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-03-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Air rush,Halo Naish,Shockwave

http://www.airush.com/products/halo.asp
http://www.naishkites.com/menu.html

The bar system on the Halo looks interesting, can't wait to see how the bungee load reduction system and the trigger release works, Can you believe,only 7,10 and 14 meter kites, balloon boy says air rush is comparing the 14m to the crossbow 16, if that is true, that’s one powerful kite , cause that Crossbow 16m is a rocket. With all the, “ BOW “ kites that are coming( Takoon Nova, Air R Halo, Cab Crossbow, Naish Shockwave) all of them looks the same design wise, the bar system is where they are apart, Now! That’s just my thoughts, if anyone knows how the kites differ, please, drop some knowledge on me.

p,s New email add (prayfawind@corwalwave.com)
Old 11-04-2005, 08:55 AM

Ya some guy with 16m X-bow tried the 14m Halo and declared it just as powerful and a bit faster (it should be its smaller).

BTW- I note no one makes a big bow- they don't seem to be able to compete with a big LEI in really light air. Strong suit seems to be safety/depower and range. Ideal for moderate to strong winds.

This may be like New Coke and Coke Classic- some will prefer one over the other, some will like both and some may like neither (Foil-heads).
Old 11-04-2005, 09:52 AM

That 14 sounds good, but it’s like balloon boy say, some like coke, some like coke classic, but! all in all, all the new innovation that’s coming to pass with kite surfing is going to take this sport to another level, just think how kite surfing was before the 4 lines ,inflatable struts, twin tips boards. The ,” Bow “ design is the next Gen for sure. I have a question though! with all the new innovation, with the board, bar. Kites, etc when in the, hell!!! Is one of these kite makers going to change or remove the, DAMN!! Bladders, why are the bladders getting no love;-) :-D. Best 06 Nemesis suppose to be bladderless but, no one knows when these kites suppose to make face. I know whoever successfully makes a bladderless kite , Balloon boy and Moylemuncha is going to suck those up;-) :-D, Hey!! that’s an award we haven’t thought of, the most bladders replaced and repaired , Gents! Who do you think takes this award?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:44 PM

No contest- and I've only been kiting a year.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:51 PM

I still believe that a BOW kite is something that you want to add to your quiver. I would use one in strong gusty conditions and/or waves. It's a great kite for learning too, probably the safest right now !! When you start getting into powered moves, kite loops and competitions.....well, I have not seen one BOW kite in any competition yet. There must be a reason, no ??
I'll wait for the Halo and then I'll decide whether I'll go for a small BOW (7 or 9m) and my 12 + a 16m or stick with the C-shape and go for 9-12-16 or 18.

Bladderless ?? That would be really nice !!! Bladders are just a pain and when you need a spare....you have to buy the entire set for 100 and more $$$.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:51 PM

When 4 lines came out it wasn’t a hit too, “ more lines to get twisted, the airtime isn’t going to be as big” was just a couple of the complaints, but, if you think about it, the 4 line is the biggest innovations in kite boarding ,I think it’s just going to take time for the, Bow design to take shape in the kite boarding community, the C shape is going to fade just like the 2 line. That’s my 5 cents.
Now! as far as teaching, it’s not good , Someone that learns on a Crossbow is going to have a lot of handicaps, If you would rent or buy equipment you would be in a mess if the equipment is the C shape kite, when it comes to ,water re launching, beach self launching, de powering, going up wind .The crossbow wouldn’t be my first choice of teaching someone in becoming an independent rider, it’s like an automatic and manual gear car, someone that drives a manual will adjust in a heart beat to an automatic, but, someone that drives an automatic will find it hard to get use to a manual.