FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 09-29-2006, 07:00 AM

Default Lost Board

Please take a moment and read the lost/found section on this forum.....remember when viewing, this could hadppen to any of us and the same will be considered to help if it happens to you.
PEACE-OUT!

Big G
Old 09-29-2006, 01:22 PM

Even $10 or $20 will be a HUGE help! We already have a good chunk started, hopefully others can contribute to make Erick's loss sting a little bit less... Can't wait to see you all out on the water, pray for wind this upcoming week!!! 8)
Old 10-01-2006, 07:54 AM

Much Thanks to all....

For those that have been able to contribute and help with the cost of replacing Eric's board, a HUGE THANK YOU goes out to you. This drive has been successful because of your help. Eric is registered to compete/complete in this years TampaBayKiteMasters and will still need a few bucks to replace his lost board. This board was brand new by the way which is why the sting of having to replace it this soon is so very painful.

Your help supporting this local kiting community has been positive in many ways. In fact, I’m going out on a limb here and suggest that this year we start a collection drive for any lost or stolen equipment reported this up coming season. Last year I can remember several riders that reported kite equipment that had been taken while they were on the water riding or even from there locked vehicles. Also, discussions of suspicious looking people lurking around our launching areas and our cars means that things will probably continue to come up missing this year.

I suggest a “no rules” agreement to who we will raise these monies for as long as we are contributing and helping to reduce the cost of replacing a missing item. If by no fault of your own, a piece of equipment is lost or stolen while you are at one of our local sites, be sure to post the item in the lost section. The donation/collection process would then begin for you and your items replacement. Please, if you leave an item behind on the beach, concessions for a collection will probably not be considered as this was an avoidable act. The collection should be for and non avoidable loss or theft.

For those that have been riding for some time and have experienced loosing a piece of equipment ,I’m sure you know the pain of having to replace the item assuming you can even afford doing that. Those that are new to this sport, I hope it never happens to you, but lets face it, people take things that do not belong to them!
Any input would be appreciated while keeping in mind, we are currently collecting for a fellow kiter that has lost a board

Post your comments…..your opinion is requested.

Big G
Old 10-02-2006, 09:31 AM

So was Erick's board stolen, lost at sea or what happened? If someone wants to contribute, how would they go about doing so?

I've been very fortunate to have somethings returned/found by other kiters after I left them on the beach, except for one bar and lines. Of course, with the number of kiters out there now, chances of tracking your stuff down diminishes.

I've been trying to get in the habit of taking inventory when I pack up my truck. ...Still had to drive back to the Skyway not too long ago.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:33 AM

Oops. Never mind my first question, I see the story in the lost/stolen section.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:41 PM

Seeing as Gary's board may not be getting warrantied anymore, we now have 2 guys in need of some help. Cmon guys, help out by shelling out a few bucks! I think the grand total raised so far is somewhere in the range of $200-$210. Great and thanks to all who have pitched in but to the rest: Even if all you have to give is a couple of bucks, it WILL make a difference. $200 is not even close to the amount needed to replace 1 board, never mind 2. Help out, it'll be you in need someday and we'll be helping you out!!! 8)
Old 10-04-2006, 05:21 PM

Last chance to help Erick out although Gary needs all the help he can get too. Please post your donation to their cause if interested. Anything you can do will help!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:58 AM

I'll throw in ten to each of you (Gary and Erick). Just PM me with how I can do it. ...or let me know when you're going out next. If we keep getting wind we can probably meet up at one of the area launch sites in the next few days.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:22 AM

Very cool A-Bomb!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 07:42 PM

I do appreciate the kind contributions, however, I've worked out a very fair arrangement to replace my broken Underground FLX152. John and Steve backed the guarantee that Underground would not honor. Props to the local shop!

Thank you Watersports West !!!!

Big G