FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 09-30-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Yea so today was CRAZYYYY

got to Math a noon...had a 1hr session that was crazy....palm tree high jumps crazy hang time...was around 22kt...then the wind died while a Strom was above brickell...came in...20 min later it started training hard as hell...afterthe storm it was again like 23kt...went out two long tacks...then it picked up to like 28kt gusting to like 32kt......as soon as it picked up i headed back with the idea of self rescuing....kite (06 Waroo 12m) inverted twice....did some crazy dance...crashes and the leading edge burst....

10 min later everyone came in and Fransisco went out on a 9m Best...you know how he does it......then some chick went out on a 3m...and was powered up!!!

so now i need a new kite...any suggestions......would like to demo a Cab as i have never flown any of them....i hear they have considerably more bar pressure then the Best??
Old 09-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

It was a great session up off Delray today. I waited out the squalls that passed through prior to early afternoon before heading to the beach. The waves were big and at certain phases of the tide tacking through the breaker lines was easier than others. Lots of nice jumps, kite high for much of the afternoon. Glad we had some wind yesterday as a warmup of sorts.

Tom Leeman caught me yesterday, NOT jumping over the boat or into the riders heading out. Depth perspective is a bit tricky on this one.

Over all it was a great day today and one for the smaller kites to be sure.

How did it go for other guys today??? (sorry about your leading edge!)

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-30-2007, 09:37 PM

In between the storms, N Miami Beach was going off as well. Many packed up and heaeded out to matheson or home when it started raining, but after around 2 the first cell of storms cleared then the wind was up in the low 30s and the waves were nice for a few hours. Whoever stuck around to wait out the first big storm was well rewarded. I was well powered on an 8m Nemesis C. One guy was jumping up really really high - looked like 30ft+.

Storms were all around on the horizon - was constantly keeping an eye on appoaching weather and running in when the dark clouds got too close. They can creep up pretty fast if not paying close attention. When the first big storm came I rode in and landed about five minutes before it arrived. Soon a huge bolt of lightning struck probably not more than a mile off the beach. The last guy out who hadn't yet landed said he felt the electricity down his arms into his fingers. Scary.

Sorry to hear you blew up your kite Andreas. I'd check ebay and ikitesurf - if you want to stay on an 06 waroo you could probably buy 4 or 5 of them for the price of a new cabrinha. Of course with older gear you might have to deal with it breaking again though. On the other hand, if you slam it hard enough a brand new one could break too.

Great day - hopefully I'll get some more tommorrow afternon. Matt.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 AM
ruffridah89

Yea, yesturday was maddddddddddd sick. I arrived at matheson Hammock and it was blowing 25 knts gusting 30 knts. I saw the lady ride and she was ripping it with that 3 meter!!!!!!! Thats how strong it was. Andres, I didnt know your leading edge popped!
-Danny
Old 10-01-2007, 08:01 PM

yea..the truth is other then this tear that is a simple Lshape...the kite is perfect....just got to make sure i dont go out above 25kt...going to get it fixed...
Old 10-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

It was nice again tonight, after the squalls moved through of course. Lots of nice waves, a bit lighter wind but still fun.

Did anyone else get out for a good, non-squall plagued session?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Tom Leeman shot some video of riding off Delray on Sunday. Things did get stronger a bit after this clip was shot. The clip from lighter conditions on Saturday appears below. Fun days to be sure!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Paul Hazard came to Delray to do some shooting of the kiting. He passed along this one, hope to get some more and put them up.

You can check out more images from this incredible day at:
http://www.relaxedphotography.com/gallery/3576436

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 AM

Rick, is that you in the Paul Hazard photo? Nice jump!!!!
JP
Old 10-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Wearing a lid, must be me. Then again I think I may have seen three other guys in helmets at times last weekend at Delray.

Thanks, it sure is nice to have the wind back! Hope you are grabbing some good times, squall free, down on the Bay or off the Beach.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi