FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-15-2007, 08:29 PM

Not only is this guy just risking a possible kite ban and endangering others, but people are paying him for what he calls "lessons" and body drags. Both are dangerous to begin with, but with bull Sh"t lessons that he's doing, the "client" may think he's qualified to start kiteboarding and gets his own gear and bang....the same thing all over again.

here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PviCu5Uu1jA

Last edited by jaco; 04-17-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:17 AM

That’s a disappointment to our sport.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:47 PM

That is CRAZY. He's just flopping that kite on the beach right in front of passers-by who have no clue what he's about and who would assume some sort of trust that he knows what he's doing. People stand on the beach all the time and watch us and are frozen in amazement, especially tourists. He could so easily have crushed those folks.
Does anyone know what kind of kite that is so we can all be ready for him when we see him? That kite needs to be cut as well as the lines because forget about just losing kiting priveleges, someone's life or way of life could seriously be compromised by his antics.
I don't know how law enforcement could stop him and just concentrate on him, but this is serious SH**. We are definitely dealing with a loose screw in this guy's melon and the only way that I can think of to get rid of this guy is a confrontation every time he begins to put up a kite, and that's impossible. The other problem is that if he's a nut and you cut his crap he may go completely bonkers and retaliate with violence or by destroying other people's kites/lines, etc.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:30 AM

Cut the kite...I done it two times in 6 years when I live in Miami. There was a same kind of incidents at Matheson Hamock park, a guy was crazy with a kite on the little beach there is. People try to tell him he needs lessons but he sayd to everryone, FU, I can do what I want. The next day he crash his kite on some kids. No one got hurt bcause the dad jump on the kite. I run over and took out my hook nife and started cutting. Lines, kite, as much leading edge as i could. The kite was shredded. The kook came running over screaming at me and the dad. The dad sayd, keep screaming because the police are coming. The guy kept screaming as he just got all his mess together and run to his car. Police came really fast but the guy was gone and NEVER come back, at least not ther. The ploice ask me why I cut the kite and I said it was out of control and all the kids were in danger. They sayd good job and thank me. The dad was very scared and also thankful. Was it the right thing to do? At the time it was the only think i could think of otrher than fighting the guy and he was bigger than me but i knew i could run faster if he attack me.
WHEW
Sorry suck a long story. I just hate when someone try to help and peolpe say FU.

Paz
Jaime
Old 04-17-2007, 04:50 PM

It's a 9m (dark green) Slingshot Diesel