FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-12-2008, 04:52 PM

Thumbs up KiteboardingFlorida.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the process of building a website (www.KiteboardingFlorida.com). I am an Engineering student at the University of Florida as well as the Kiteboarding Club founder and President. I have lived all around Florida and kited many spots. I also help out the Collegiate Kiteboarding Association. My goal with this site is to educate anyone interested in the sport about the various “launch areas” or frequented “riding spots” in the State of Florida. I also want to focus on the Local Shops/Schools so that people are willing to take lessons and not risk hurting themselves or others during the learning process. I am an IKO instructor and feel this is very important to the sport. If we inform people about the various restrictions, precautions, hazards etc…then together we can keep the sport safe and access open for everyone. If you are a business owner than this is also an opportunity for you to promote your business and accelerate your profit.

I am asking various shops from all areas of Florida to please put together descriptions of their areas. I will take information from local riders as well! I am looking for things such as: rideable wind conditions, hazards, restrictions, precautions, location, directions, rules, water and wind conditions, suggested gear and skill level, parking etc. Pictures that clearly show the area (with or without kites) would be greatly appreciated. The more areas near your location you help identify the better for all of us!

If you are in the business, in exchange for this information I will list you or your shop/school as the main contact for the area. This should help your exposure and sales. Please include how you would like this information listed as well. I thank you for your time and ask for you help. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

You can submit the information through the Contact Us page on the site!